Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are the most common ring sizes?

Default bigger finger sizes are in...

Last edited by ben b; 13-09-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Default A finger IN every pie or a pie ON every finger??

Wow, thanks ben b...that was really interesting - and useful. I'll get all that information stored away somewhere for future reference. I am concentrating on women's jewellery for starters - but there is no reason why I shouldn't move on to men later..The thought of a man's ring potentially being made on a bangle mandrel is a little scary though...note to self - don't attend any Midlands Night Clubs!! Mind you - if any Midlands lasses are reading this I don't fancy your chances either!!
    Barbara

I really like those rings, well done. I find the most popular sizes are M to Q. I've made loads of adjustable coloured aluminium and silver rings which should make life easier when it comes to sizing.

Talking ...but fine silver rings are DELICATE!!!

Thanks for your nice comment on my rings! It was my first foray into pmc rings with ring liners and so I was pretty happy with it as a starting point!.. This can only improve the more I make. It would be perfect if I could make adjustable ones - but with them being made from fine silver they are not strong enough to maintain their shape without being made from a complete circle. Making a liner from pure silver sheet metal also helps to make them a bit stronger than if they were made from pmc alone. I have been wearing 3 of these rings now (24/7) since I made them...that includes digging up the raspberry patch in my garden and sawing and planing a coulple of bits of wood (I don't respect my jewellery much...but it sure gives my pratice pieces a hell of a test drive!!). Surprisingly they hardly have a mark on them and have maintained their circular shape so I am really pleased....not that I would suggest to a customer that fine silver jewellery should be treated in such a way!! .

As experiments go I think it has been very successful...and I have got so much information from everybody!...thanks!...you are a wonderful lot!!

Barbara

Firstly really nice rings, I have only tried using PMC twice to make rings.

My ring size is Z (but I am a man ) However most of my rings sell from K upward to V, We have some very chunky Crofter lasses up here. The good thing is they are happy to wear the rings whilst working with the animals and have never had a problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Thanks Nic and Alexandra, WHAT!! H???? Who ever has an H??
    When we first bought my engagement rin (nearly 30 years ago) my wedding ring finge was a size G, but then before i had kids i was under 7 stone lol i have since had to had it enlarged as my fingers have thickend along with the rest of me lmao
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away