Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 230% markup - can this be right?

Quote Originally Posted by Milomade View Post
    what do you guys have as an hourly rate?
    There's a thread called:

'Things learnt from my event & feedback'

it might be helpful (sorry - don't know how to do the linky thing)

Good Luck today
    J xx

http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/gen...html#post16327

At the top of each post on a thread...the dark blue bar...there is the word 'permalink' If you click on that and then copy the url from the address bar, when you paste that into your post the link is made. If you want to connect to a single post within a thread then I think you click on the post number - next to the permalink and then copy and paste that url. Well - that is how I do it anyway... There might be an easier way but I found that one out by trial and error!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/gen...html#post16327

At the top of each post on a thread...the dark blue bar...there is the word 'permalink' If you click on that and then copy the url from the address bar, when you paste that into your post the link is made. If you want to connect to a single post within a thread then I think you click on the post number - next to the permalink and then copy and paste that url. Well - that is how I do it anyway... There might be an easier way but I found that one out by trial and error!!
    Thanks Barbara
    I think I've got a steep learning curve ahead if I'm going to have my own website lol
    J x

I wonder how Evie got on with her shop(s) in Edinburgh. I hope they give her a good price for her lovely jewellery and that she is happy with how it went.....

x
    Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    I wonder how Evie got on with her shop(s) in Edinburgh. I hope they give her a good price for her lovely jewellery and that she is happy with how it went.....

x
    Yes I'd love to know how she got on too

good like Milo, for my 2 c- that mark up is low in the market 200-300% more common, in 500% in London due to those rotten overheads and taxes....
    I recommend the book Second Steps...it has a great formula for costings and loads more tips.....specifically for crafts people. If you are going to wholesale to people you need to build that into your price structure, and sell yourself at or near the retail price (most people and galleries expect it to be slightly cheaper from designer, say 10%). Don't undervalue your work- the biggest mistake people make!
    Em

I have used a basic formula for the past 13 yrs...it's real easy never fails, never been questioned on my prices, and for what it's worth I'm not cheap, I don't work on an hourly rate never have done. Can't be doing with being bogged down with bloomin spreadsheets. Design it , make it , sell it , it doesn't matter what the heck the formulas are if you miss one of those elements and your work is no good its beans on toast and I'm more of a caviar person.

One of my favourite quotes for business - which seems to apply to all areas...
    "Turnover is Vanity, Profit is Sanity but Cash is King"
    It basically means that Cashflow is the most important area in any business.

It's no good having high margins ~ if no ones buying.
    No use turning over lots of product ~ if it costs more to make than sell.

It's all about balance, how much cash do you need from the back end...
    how much are your basic cash needs?
    Everything else is just bonus

Nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

There is just so much useful advice coming on this thread!!

Would love to know how milomade got on in Edinburgh ??