Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: smoking room

Default smoking room

the forum is a great place for anybody to get tips and learn about the jewellery trade.

Unfortuatly, this does mean anybody, because thats how it works. ......Some of us 'trade bods' may feel free'er to discuss trade prices or problem customers & situations in an area not so public, especialy if linked to our username, which may show our trading name and website..
    Hows about a "smoking room" ....perhaps very simplified, just one thread of posts...that require at least registration, and posibly, cooksons account number?

A good idea Ben but there are alot of members that never post and probably only ever joined to get 'cookie goodies' and as they recieved an email suggesting they joined the forum they probably have a cookson account, perhaps regular posters could have a special code (007 smilie here please)

Default The GETi Titanium Rings Room

I think calling it a smoking room would deter many people from entering. The very thought of opening the door and releasing atmosphere destroying gasses would appall many - no I think a more suitable name would be 'The GETi Titanium Rings Room' - more apt, don't ye think?

Great idea, Ben. You could call it "In Confidence" for us non smokers.

Perhaps you could request entry, to be granted at the mods discretion, with a minimum post requirement.

Geti, of course, would be automatically barred and locked in the cupboard under the stairs.

I already thought the entire cooksons forum was the "Geti Titanium Rings Room" Alan!
    lshism

Careful Jason - people will start reading my posts a bit more and then realise that I don't actually talk about jewellery very much

Geti, of course, would be automatically barred and locked in the cupboard under the stairs.
    I feel safe under the stairs

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I think calling it a smoking room would deter many people from entering. The very thought of opening the door and releasing atmosphere destroying gasses would appall many
    As an ex-smoker who still dreams of the wretched things I look forward to the idea of entering the online virtual world of the 'smoking room'. I can smoke!! way-hey-hey!! and I don't have to tell my insurance company.......(hey, there's no smoking smilie )
    J x

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Jayne, we are neighbours. LOL

Did you ever study jewellery in Monson Road?
    ooooooooooooo you mean i get to come up and bleed both of you for knowledge? Woot I win!!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Jayne, we are neighbours. LOL

Did you ever study jewellery in Monson Road?
    Yup! only one though - about 2001ish. More recently than that I have done courses at Avebury Avenue. Did you train at Monson Road then?
    J x

Well I turned up at 9 out of the 12 beginners lessons this year, yes. Haven't looked back since really.
    OMG!!! I am amazed that you have learnt what you have there, esp in such a short timeframe! My experience of classes there was overcrowding (not even enough pegs & stools to go around), conveyor belt teaching and a tutor that really didn't give a stuff
    Is it ad ed or something fancypants?
    J x