Thread: Wish List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wish List

I often use the shopping basket at cookies as my wish list and then when it comes to ordering i delete what i cant afford yet off and place my order. I have done this successfully since i first started buying here, and had a nice wishlist set up since the last freepost, but then i thought i ought to get some more wire organised. Rather than delete it all this time i thought i would start a new basket for the wire.

I went back to it yesterday to find it said there was nothing in my basket. I thought it strange so i went to previous baskets and both my wire order and my "wish list" were gone.

I was gutted cos very often my wish list has items on it which have been recommended by other members and i cant remember everything that was on there.

So my question is, is it possible to have a proper dedicated wish list - somewhat like Amazon.co.uk does for books, so that it can be kept safe and items can be picked from it when more money is available. Especially with christmas coming up - i have told everyone just to give me money so that i can order tools and stuff, and now my lovely list is gone

So please Cookies, is it possible to have a proper wish list for us tool-a-holics?
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Default Software recommendation

I realise that this doesn't directly address your problem, but the way I do things like that is I have a piece of software for taking notes. I copy anything like that into my note software which I always have open.

It's like a digital notebook and you can have pages with jottings on, URLs of interest, tutorial content, recipes - anything you can write down. You can have pages organised into sections - just like having a virtual spiral bound pad, but you can move the pages round to your hearts content. You can have several notebooks if you want too - I just keep everything in one - organised into folders. A feature I really like is that you can timestamp notes - so I can take notes on phone conversations etc. You can even open URLs directly from it.

It doesn't need saving, it saves every minute or whatever as you go along and as it's largely plain text (with some formatting), when closed and compressed, it doesn't take up much space - so I have a copy of the notebook itself on every computer, USB drives etc. - if I'm working away or something, I just copy over the latest version and I have all my jottings with me - everything from family addresses for postcards to my PayPal balance, all my conversations with customers etc.

It took a while to find just such a thing - I've been looking for years and tried many - and I'd now be lost without it. I downloaded it originally with the intention of buying the pro version which is fantastically featured, but the trial expired about the time my husband lost his job, so it defaulted to the basic free version which is still fantastic.

It's called Debrief from Debrief Notes - Note Software

I've just taken a quick look, Boo, and it looks to be the dog's whatsits. I spend a large part of my life sitting here in front of the screen, so it would be just right for me.

I'm not very good at writing things down - when I worked as a community midwife my diary was never updated as it was all in my head. Not good considering that it was considered a legal document and my get out of jail free card should anybody lay a complaint at my door.

Will investigate further.
    Di x

One complaint - the typeface on the website is dreadfully small! I've downloaded the basic version though.
    Di x

Thanks Boo that certainly looks cool, and i am gonna download it to help unscramble my brain for everything else lol, might look at the portable one so that i can have it with me at work or at home, but a wishlist on Cookies site itself, would still be invaluable to me because when people give links to items on the shop site can just add them to my wish list if its something that interests me and in one click i can order it.

Just read that i can still use the main one on two comps so guess i will go for that
    Last edited by bustagasket; 29-10-2009 at 09:03 AM. Reason: read more!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

It certainly doesn't replace the wish list on the site, I wasn't suggesting that at all, that would allow you to just add things to your basket straight from a wish list you could save. But at least you'd still have a record of the information and could paste in the product codes or something to start a new order.

I've often found that I start placing an order or get interrupted or something (in many places, not just Cookies) and sites often lose your order if you don't finish it within a certain time, so I've got into the habit of pasting items into a note order as well as the site, so if it's lost, it would be easier to start again.

I installed it on my laptop for my husband to use when he was job hunting and copying details and making a lot of notes and he just couldn't get on with it at all, but I have a great deal of information in mine - as long as you remember to back it up often.

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    a wishlist on Cookies site itself, would still be invaluable to me because when people give links to items on the shop site can just add them to my wish list if its something that interests me and in one click i can order it.
    I think a wishlist would be great too I started a thread about this back in July http://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sug...wish-list.html but didnt hear anything so maybe they decided against it

That sounds very useful. Is it like Microsoft OneNote do you know?
    I have that on my computer but I've never used it.

Quote Originally Posted by bustagasket View Post
    I often use the shopping basket at cookies as my wish list and then when it comes to ordering i delete what i cant afford yet off and place my order. I have done this successfully since i first started buying here, and had a nice wishlist set up since the last freepost, but then i thought i ought to get some more wire organised. Rather than delete it all this time i thought i would start a new basket for the wire.

I went back to it yesterday to find it said there was nothing in my basket. I thought it strange so i went to previous baskets and both my wire order and my "wish list" were gone.

I was gutted cos very often my wish list has items on it which have been recommended by other members and i cant remember everything that was on there.

So my question is, is it possible to have a proper dedicated wish list - somewhat like Amazon.co.uk does for books, so that it can be kept safe and items can be picked from it when more money is available. Especially with christmas coming up - i have told everyone just to give me money so that i can order tools and stuff, and now my lovely list is gone

So please Cookies, is it possible to have a proper wish list for us tool-a-holics?
    How bizarre is that?? Usually the problem is trying to delete the things you can't afford when the 'freepost' day comes!! Perhaps Cooksons need to look into that because they will miss out on sales if people lose their wish lists!!