Hi All

I'm a total beginner - although have done pottery previously and in some cases using PMC is very similar.

I've got a few questions...

I fired a piece (my first ever one) and according to the instructions in my book it said to move the flame rather than keep it still (which I did) however I managed to get some bubbles in the middle of the the piece (which I'm assuming is because I allowed the middle to get too hot?) and am wondering whether maybe I could have had the torch too close? or was moving it too quickly? or both (I am quite impatient usually :S) I also wondered if you have any tips for firing using a torch. On this piece I laid it out on the firing block (it was just a flat heart shape) should I have used the tweezers to hold it when firing instead of keeping it flat?

Also I attempted texturing which came out reasonably well although not consistent all over the piece. I rolled out the thickness first and then put the piece on the texture plate (as per my book) but I was worried incase I rolled it out too thinly and think I may have used too much balm (which I am guessing after reading some of the posts on this section). Do you have any suggestions on how to improve texturing.

And finally (for now probably) I'm wondering where is the best place to get letter stamps for Pmc???

All help and advice gratefully recieved!!