Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Pickled to death

I got my new one from Argos and it's great. I'm afraid it is new though, so that can't be the reason for the problem.

Default Hi

I was lucky enough to get a slow cooker from Asda for £7 the other week. Unfortunately, my husband now thinks he's now going to get lovely warming stews this winter, (haven't had the heart to tell him... bless!).

Carole, is yours the one linked to earlier:
    Buy Cookworks Round 3.5 Litre Slow Cooker. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for .

What sort of outer physical size is it - it says it's 3.5 litres capacity and 8 cup capacity - which doesn't make sense to me - I can't picture how big it is. My husband is off somewhere near Argos later and offered to pick it up for me - but I have very little space to locate it, so wondered what the outer size is? 3.5 litre capacity sounds quite big to me - considering that I only use a cup full of pickle at a time.

Boo, if it's any help, I use a 1.5 litre slow cooker for my pickle, and I barely cover the bottom inch with liquid - I use about a cup at a time too.

I only use 250ml of pickle in my mini pyrex dish on top of a tealight plate warmer too. That is a small cupful and lasts for a couple of months (unless I use the wrong tongs lol). 3.5L is a medium sized slow cooker and does meals for 4 people.

Thanks.

It's irrelevant now - we'd decided to get one for food anyway, we've been talking about it for a while and I'm having to seriously modify my diet now as I've come off my diabetes medication (thought chunky veggie soups might be good for my lunches) - but they're out of stock within about 50 miles of me anyway. I'll look at it again in a week or two.

I shall continue with my tealight warmer for pickle. I found a little chocolate fondue set I had kept aside for a raffle prize or something and that is smaller than the plate warmer I use, so I might try that instead - I'm just trying to reduce my footprint on surfaces.

Well, although a lot has changed since I took this (I now have a turntable with my brick on) but the tea-light powered chocolate fondu set with a mini lidded ceramic casserole dish inserted is still going strong!!http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/s...dio/spots7.jpg

I don't know if you have 'Poundland' around your way Boo, but the casserole dish came from there...and I also use massive tea-lights (about 5cm across) from there too at 6 for a pound. They don't need replacing so often!