I've been asked a few questions on PMC mainly during my courses,
for beginners the most confusing thing is "What tools do I need"
so here are a few suggestions.

PMC Suggested TOOLS - minimum needs, in order of use
A roller - used for rolling out the clay
A rolling surface - Non-stick as possible e.g. a glass board or polished tile
Spacers or playing cards - for getting the depth of the clay even
Cutting blade, scalpel - For getting straight edges and making your shapes.
A small lidded pot - to put filings & tiny offcuts into so you can save them for making silver clay paste or slip
Various grades of sanding pads - or get a 4 way nail filing block and strip the sides off.

FIRING METHODS -
For Hob firing, stainless steel mesh with protection net.
Torch firing - Handheld torch and a firing brick (asbestos substitute not a household brick )
Kiln - If you can get access to a kiln then use it, the metal is normally denser and the results more consistant.
Stainless steel or brass brush - for brushing off the white post firing and leaving you lovely silver.
Silver polish & Cloth - for getting the final buffed up shine.

Some Optional Extras:
For ring making - A sliding ring guage, A wooden ring mandrel, and ring papers (to stop clay sticking to the mandrel).
For Better finishes - A small set of metal files for neatening edges quicker than sanding them down.
Long Tweezers - For holding / moving the pieces when firing
Liver of Sulpher - For antiquing or bringing out fine detail
Burnishers & ultra fine sanding pads - Post firing for a REAL shine!
Cutters & Shapers - Using pre-shaped cutters e.g. hearts will same time and give you more consistant shapes
Tiny drill bits - you can twist them in your fingers to drill through the unfired clay & make jump ring holes & hanging points.
Texture Mats/plates - Roll the clay out on these and you'll have fabulous patterns straight away!
Letter Stamp Set - For stamping words into unfired (rubber stamps) or fired clay (metal stamps).

Feel free to add any suggestions & comments (I'll add them to the list)
Nic xx