Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what do you think to my website

hey..sorry to have upset you
    didnt mean to!

Some of the very helpful replies ive had have gone on about seo, keywords...etc etc...
    All im saying, is that that is not the basis of what im after, and it does annoy me, as an internet user, if someone has took a lot of space in search result returns to inform me of one simple web site, whos reason to be there is to make money. (and thats not saying its milo's !)
    People who post very interesting articles, and essays, dont bother about seo...they merely want google to index it, and regurgitate it for those who would be interested in its genuine content? its the sellers who bang on about 'seo' and the 'tricks' of seo.
    Apart from its iffy visuals, definate lack of content and guesswork links (lol) i was interested in how long the vid took to load, and pictures generally...but seo seemed to come up a lot, and yet...even with these 'no no' frames it does do, what the seo'ers are saying it wont...that is come up top of page, when searched for, by its name.
    And, (politely, as im really not trying to upset you, honest!) when you said what if they dont know my domain name? i dont understand...obviously they wont find it! but then....people who know me (and it is a site for local reference) would type in my name, along with jeweller..(or even not!) and hey presto..hence, the domain name!!! if they know me...they know the domain name. thats my 'seo' lol!
    Last edited by ben b; 28-10-2009 at 03:41 PM.

i dont have a clue about what any of you are saying. And i think perhaps at this moment in time i am grateful for that lol.

I sooooooooo need to get on with my website, gradually started to take the pics again, but i need to really get on with them and at least get a gallery open on there. !!
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

I see what your saying Ben, and the reason people keep mentioning SEO is the fact that it's such an important part of building a web site (for most people ) these days. After all, there isn't always much point in having a site that can't be found easily.

As food for thought, what if you have someone who wants to find your site that can't remember your name, all they can remember is that you are that jeweller chap with the stall in Brum! So they will use the words they can remember that describe you. Might not be your name necessarily, and there could be a whole host of other keywords people might use to find you that aren't necessary your name and the word jeweller. It's important to try and imagine how others might think, and all the possible ways they might try to find you!
    Lucinda

I just looked at yr site milomade, love yr button charm and button bracelet

People who post very interesting articles, and essays, dont bother about seo
    I wouldn't agree with that - the whole point of writing and submitting articles for the vast majority of writers is for backlink generation - so I would presume that the people who know how important their articles are, are also very clued up on seo.

Quote Originally Posted by agent_44 View Post
    I see what your saying Ben, and the reason people keep mentioning SEO is the fact that it's such an important part of building a web site (for most people ) these days. After all, there isn't always much point in having a site that can't be found easily.

As food for thought, what if you have someone who wants to find your site that can't remember your name, all they can remember is that you are that jeweller chap with the stall in Brum! So they will use the words they can remember that describe you. Might not be your name necessarily, and there could be a whole host of other keywords people might use to find you that aren't necessary your name and the word jeweller. It's important to try and imagine how others might think, and all the possible ways they might try to find you!
    Very true! my actual 'site' so to speak, had the intention of being indexed well for my name, or its domain name...and its done that great...top of google, couldnt ask for more. But just in case, i did a site for just what your saying....and it comes up top for all searches relating to jewellers in my town. The downside was it was all 'seo' and yes, im guilty, it is a 'troll' site but hopefully a very useful one, as it "independantly" lists all the towns jewellers, including me.
    Thats what i mean in a way about being a bit anti this seo thing...this other site is graphically boring, but ticks all the searchability buttons for google.

Default Aghhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that - the whole point of writing and submitting articles for the vast majority of writers is for backlink generation - so I would presume that the people who know how important their articles are, are also very clued up on seo.
    here we go again! flippin seo!!!

This pre occupation is just what i mean!

At least i know I wont offend alan as i know him...but come on?
    all those doctors who've submitted papers and thesis...all the blogs, hoping someone will listen...people voicing genuine complaints, opinions, thoughts and theories.....they all do it for 'back links' LOL

they all do it for 'back links' LOL
    Oh yes - they're all at it - doctors are the worst