Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello ...

Hi Michelle and may I add my welcome to you . I am reasonably new to jewellery, or to be true I am just taking it up again after an absence. I have found youtube to be a great place to give hints and there are alot of lessons in jewellery making of all types YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. some good and some not so good but I have found it very helpful. It won't hurt to take a look, just type in on search and see what pops up
    Love and light,
    Maggie[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT

You made me smile over my morning coffee!!

Thank you for the advice on the books I'm going to check them out after I have finished work. I looked at your work and I do like the chains you make - I dont know why I'm so fascinated with chain making but I think I'm going to make a start there along with the PMC work - I did pottery lessons once and the techiques seem to be similar but on a smaller scale.

To be truthful, I'd say most psychologists need a psychologist after working and dealing with other people's problems - so I doubt I'd be much use - I'm only joking I'm relatively sane and would be glad to help there is a lot of psychology behind sales as I'm sure you are aware. And I think I know what you mean about the analysing - but that's a good thing, keeps my mind ticking and stops me analysing myself for a change!!

I can't wait to get going (stupid work getting in the way!) I have got so many idea's but its frustrating because at the moment I need to practice and learn the basics before even knowing how to create my idea's.

Thanks again for the warm welcome - I think I'm going to like it around here.

Hi Michelle & welcome to the forum
    I think chain making is an excellent way to start jewellery making and it's the way that I first became interested. It's a good way to get to grips with soldering and sooooo satisfying Plus, you don't need that much in the way of tools to make a chain. I made my first one armed with no more than wire, knitting needle, saw & 2 pairs of flat nosed pliers - after a couple of hours I'd made a chunky little bracelet that I still wear! Good luck & looking forward to hearing about sales psychology!!
    J x

Hi Michelle, welcome to the forum.

As one of the saner members on here, I would have to warn you about being taken in by some of the others on here. I know for a fact that at least one of them has a dungeon - combine that with chains and before you know it you've been sold off to slave traders never to be heard of again!

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post

As one of the saner members on here, I would have to warn you about being taken in by some of the others on here. I know for a fact that at least one of them has a dungeon - combine that with chains and before you know it you've been sold off to slave traders never to be heard of again!
    Geti - Michelle has studied psychology. D'u really think you can fool her?
    J x

Geti - Michelle has studied psychology. D'u really think you can fool her?
    I'm having a good go - just laying down a smoke screen to start with - if you want to hide a tree, where do you hide it?

if you want to hide a tree, where do you hide it?
    errrrr.......in a forest? sawmill? garden centre? fireplace?
    J x

Geti !!! One of the saner members well that has made my day

if you want to hide a tree, where do you hide it?
    oh stupid me! now I get it - in a handbag!
    J x