Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arlington and Di

I would send you one too...but I can't remember how I did it!!
    perhaps a will do instead!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 24-10-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Sorry it wasn't a success for you. It's a horrible feeling, but you have the right attitude.

I did a country fair in June that was very well attended, but it was £5 each to get in and lots of things to grab their pennies, from food and rides etc. People with small unit price items did really well - the woman opposite was doing these coloured sand bottles kids could fill in a pattern for about £2 and she packed up early as she sold everything - she must have sold hundreds. As did the hand made fudge bloke next to me.

I did okay - about twice my stall fee - but I've had 3 good orders since from people that picked up leaflets or cards - so you never know if there might be knock on sales.

It's a bad time of month - 24th - just before many people will be paid. I have absolutely nothing to spend at the moment, so I suspect others will be the same.

Oh, I have SO got that t-shirt. And it's a dreadful fit too

Boo's right, sometimes the sales come later - especially at this time of month and year.

On the bright side, you'll have stuff to put on the website or wherever else.

I do wonder about some organisers though.

Hope tomorrow's a better day sweetie

I'm surprised though that people aren't buying early for Christmas and spacing out their spending. That's what I'm doing. If I had a pound for every time someone asked "will you be here again before Christmas?" I'd be very rich. I feel like saying "yes but I can't guarantee that I'll still have that item you were admiring".

Sorry to hear that today was pants for you Di, but I had a quick look at the weather tomorrow and it looks fine and dry, so I can imagine that you will have far more people dropping in and I bet you come back tomorrow with a much rosier report.xxx

Or, if it is a selection of less than discerning punters in attendance you could take along a selection of root vegetables and start a turf war with the potato printer?

i always find Saturday at a craft fair is never a good day, sundays are always generally better although saying that when i used to do the craft fair markets the shops wernt open on a sunday! so there where less places for people to go, i so hope you have a better day tomorrow sales and weather wise

Truro was packed with shoppers today and if the queues in M&S were anything to go by, they were certainly spending money. So why were they just drifting through our marquee like zombies and not looking at anyone's stall?

I'm sorry to hear your day was so disappointing Di, but you seem to be keeping your head and chin up - I hope today is better for you.

A huggle for you and Carole
    Kym

I'm hoping for world peace but I'd also like something shiny as well...

www.kymbigwood.com

It's a beautiful day up here...I hope you have the same where you are at your shows and the crowds come to visit you!! (and spend of course!!)

What a shmae, Di, but I'm going to take a lesson from your sensible attitude.
    Hope it picks up today.