Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I'm not in love...but I am excited!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    In the past I have made links with pmc decorations which have worked well as components that can be used in bracelets, necklaces and earrings
    Attachment 505
    - so these were just Christmas theme ideas but it gave me the opportunity to play with the Argentium wire and pmc conbination as well.

Ironically - it is the holly one that I think has the most going for it so I will have to try modifying it a bit to make it less vulnerable...or alternatively - I could just make it with fine silver wire and not have all this stress!!

I was mortified with the amount of black oxide that was on the Argentium after the first kiln firing...I'm wondering if I need to fire it with the door ajar to allow more oxygen into the kiln so that it might encourage the germanium in the metal to bond with it and create the tarnish protection layer more effectively...

I just wish I knew more/understood more about this crazy metal!!

Oh those are really pretty

I am going to let you carry on with your investiagtions i think before i invest lol x

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Cottage View Post
    Forgive me for being totally fick - when the Argentium comes is it silver or black?
    Oh it's silver all right... It's just what I do to it that makes it turn black!!

It's just so annoying that there is so little written about it. It's all very dry and factual but it doesn't really tell you what it does and what to expect of it...
    The title I put on this thread is still very true. I can't see myself ever loving it... but I don't think I will stop playing with it now I've started!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    The title I put on this thread is still very true. I can't see myself ever loving it... but I don't think I will stop playing with it now I've started!!
    You should consider writing up your experiments properly for a mag or something, you know. Now - here is where I am confident and I know you could sell this to a magazine out there.
    Di x

Oh yeah????

Breathe out doubt...breathe in confidence..... ...... ...... ......

For anyone who might be interested in my latest catalogue of disasters with Argentium/pmc3 combo pieces...I've put it on my blog...since I have added 9 photos...or was it 10?? and I didn't think you would appreciate that number posted on here!!

“Argentium Experimentium” « SolunarSilverStudio’s Blog

Oh blimey Bee all that work, i am absolutely amazed the way it just seems to shatter, no help to you at all i am afraid as i have never used it x

I know! I am a bit miffed because it does show such promise! ...and I had such plans! I have managed to 'heat harden' it in the past without problems....and that chain I made was fine. It does look to be connected with the pmc somehow. I found this American guy this morning who has written a blog with quite a few beginners tips on, who says he has been working with Argentium for 5 years - so I have sent him an email to see if he has any ideas on what I could be doing wrong. Before all my ideas were shattered I had woven an Argentium bracelet for myself and was going to add pmc end pieces. It looks to me that I might have to make something out of fine silver sheet instead and solder it on....or (good heavens the thought of it!!...the risks!!...buy a bit of Argentium sheet and try that!!) I'll hang fire on that one though...at least the Argentium won't tarnish while I wait to decide what to do!!!

well it was the sheet i was interested in and the wire for my beads as there is no fire scale and with the detail i put on them this would be excellent but i cant afford to experiment xx

Oh yeah, of course! It should work wonders for your beads! It does fuse fantastically well and it is supposed to be great for granulation as well.

do you think they would mind if i bought a really small piece lol