Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Big fall-out

Really Geti...If you insist on using such big words in you posts - you should at least learn to spell them right!!
    I'm going to bow to your eagle eyes on this one Barbara without actually checking your outlandish claim and consider myself out-getid

Back to the topic................hmmmmm, I've noticed something somewhere which isn't making me very happy. Will keep watching. Sorry to sound so cryptic.

Now you've got us all wondering .....

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    Back to the topic................hmmmmm, I've noticed something somewhere which isn't making me very happy. Will keep watching. Sorry to sound so cryptic.
    ah now lesley you can't do that !!!!!! Don't keep us in suspense

Quote Originally Posted by amazingbabe View Post
    ah now lesley you can't do that !!!!!! Don't keep us in suspense
    do i hear "the Twilight Zone" music in the background?
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by lesley View Post
    So have you seen anything else Agent Elel?

hmmmmm, I've noticed something somewhere which isn't making me very happy. Will keep watching. Sorry to sound so cryptic.
    Don't tell them yet Lesley - spin it out a bit and just keep it between us two so that only we know

Wooah down boys & girls, not to be a party pooper (I'm as mad as they come and always up for a good time) but just remember that this is about someones reputation and livelyhood, lets make sure it's not something serious before we make the jokes. We can always devise a repayment stratergy later.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Hmmm on a serious note, try Untitled Document Anti copying in design.
    I have been told best way to prove designs is to keep dated design books so you can prove when you created them.
    The trouble is sueing takes money...though sometimes just a formal letter from a letter to cease and desist is enough. It is far far more difficult if you are ripped off by someone in India or China with cheap mass production... have a sign on your stand "the original and best"....and what has always worked best for me a) keep updating and changing your designs- keeps you fresh and interesting to customers, retire old designs- oh don't you know those are SO last year...and b) figure out a techinque that is difficult to copy.....
    hth
    Em
    x

For fear of showing my age here and years of experience of jewellery design, you have to keep pushing the boundaries. I agree totally with Em in all that she advises. I learnt hard lessons early on about copying and it destroyed my love of what I do for about 7 years. You now have an advantage of youth and advice, something I did not have. Keep designing, the only way to beat copiers is to make there designs look passe but keeping the best sellers and your own 'classics', what defines you and your work as a unique. There is nothing better than turning up to a show with heaps of new work that is fresh and different, research and development a never ending tread mill that will one day pay off, just believe.
    Paula x