Thread: Dialux

Question Dialux

Ok stupid question time.

I bought some dialux a while back because I had heard you need to polish/clean your metal with this before finishing with rouge. So far so good but I tend to use my rouge with little calico pads fitted into my dremel as it saves on the elbow grease, can I use the same method for applying dialux?

Do I actually need to use dialux or can I get away with just rouge?

Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Yes you can Annie but just use different mops always keep your mops seperate for differnt polish's so there is no contamination x

Which colour Annie?

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    Which colour Annie?
    It the grey one. To be honest George I don't really know what I'm doing, I want to polish my Copper Clay roses, so lots of little nooks and crannies.

I went through all the grits to finish prior to firing right down to wire wool and a baby wipe. I will tumble the roses to get a reasonable finish, what I'm looking for is a bright mirror finish on the back, I want to clean up the insides of the petals but give them a more brushed satin finish and have the mirror finish on the very edges of the petals for effect. I plan to seal with renaissance when I'm happy

It just seems that the polishes are very hard and I struggle to get the right amount onto the polishing pad. I think that I also need to get a softer mop for the rouge as I'm using calico at the moment. I'm so close to getting this project finished I guess I'm a little frustrated at the moment.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

Annie have you tried the Radial Bristle Discs, with the different colours of the discs you can do both a high shine and a satin finish.

I agree with Jo. Those radial brushes would work a treat.