Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: greetings to all.

Default greetings to all.

the name is glen, been making jewellery for 15 years for retailers / manufacturers and recently packed it all in and said enuff and started my own workshop and business. I am based down in brighton. how you all doing?

I learnt to make jewellery the hard way as an aprentice in the southern hemisphere earning about £8 a week, working a 6.5 day week without any colege or uni, and had to pretty much teach myself most of the stuff.

Hi Glen,

Nice to hear from you and I hope that your new venture goes brilliantly, I had a peek at your new studio/workshop and it looks fantastic.

Look forward to getting loads of tips from a jeweller with all your experience.

Lisa

Hi Glen, can't wait to see some of your jewellery items, boy you have been making jewellery a long time, any links for us or just type it in (website, blog ?? anything !!! Love your workspace

oooo not only does he have a cool dungeon but hes only an hour away!! I am between Hastings and Rye So when do we get to see some of the lovely stuff coming out of the dungeon?
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohn View Post
    Waves to Glen.

I am in Tunny Wells/Tonbridge and both Su and I are pretty much beginners, under 6 months for the pair of us.

Prepare to have your brain picked.
    Note to Glen ^^^^^ that one is by no means a beginner, he is way too good, and has taught himself so much and so well in so little time!! (waiting for my stone setting and casting lessons from hm in the new year )
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Hi Glen welcome to the madhouse
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Hiya Glen & welcome

Quote Originally Posted by glen View Post
    I learnt to make jewellery the hard way as an aprentice in the southern hemisphere earning about £8 a week, working a 6.5 day week without any colege or uni, and had to pretty much teach myself most of the stuff.
    Mmmmm...that sounds intriuging....were you hammering away in darkest Peru?
    J x

Hi Glen welcome to the Forum, your dungeon reminds me of the place i worked in when i was a jobbing jeweller in the cellar of a shop but mine was all painted silver and there was a very smelly watchmaker that worked down there aswell xx

Hi Glen, and welcome from me too

Whereabouts on the other side are you from?

thanks for the warm welcome all, spent most of my time working on my website which is launching soon only to realise I havent made anything heh heh
    I put everything aside until website is up, in a way the break has been good given me loads of inspiration again. Cant wait till I can spend time in the workshop, cant wait to get my brand going. Look forward to what you guys all think.

Thanks for the kind words about me dungeon. It did look good till I made a mess in it. Lost a diamond and refuse to vacume till I find it >__<

>> Emerald - yr silver workshop story reminds me of my first centralfugal cast when the ladies who prepared the plaster flask made the bottom too shallow and when I poured and released it sprayed the walls solid with silver - lol

>> Jayne / mizgeorge - not Peru but here is a hint, I was actually born in a place called the City of Gold believe it or not - hazard a guess?

>> snowimp - thank ya, madhouse sounds ideal place for a nutter like me

>> amazingbabe - will keep u updated thanks for the kind words.

>> Lisa / Jason / bustagasket >> thanks will continue to reap the forum and offer advice when I can, feel free to ask me anything u recon I could help with.

if anyone comes to Brighton give us a shout, our gallery is open for the Fringe Festival next year, feel free to drop by

I will ideally give ya all a link when I have some of me own stuff to show, inbetween so much atm that the midnight oil never runs out. Just taking everything slowly.

peace
    glen
    Last edited by glen; 22-10-2009 at 11:59 PM.