Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wire Weaving...

Doh. I had a go, but I can't keep my wire pulled tightly enough together. I've ended up with one side of the weave having rounder bends and the other flatter.

I'm just off for my morning walk - trying to get fit(ish) again after feeling so bad for so long! When I get back I'll give you a run down of how I'm doing the weaving to see if it can help you. It'll have to be quick though 'cos I then have to pick up my grandson for the day....

Barbara the weaving looks wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorlo View Post
    Doh. I had a go, but I can't keep my wire pulled tightly enough together. I've ended up with one side of the weave having rounder bends and the other flatter.
    Hi Heather...sorry I took so long...but I have been working hard on your behalf and killing two birds with one stone as well! My grandson is here now and currently being entertained by son one...so I have had some time to update my blog - which I haven't done since the beginning of September! - and at the same time do a 'how to do it' with piccies - to see if it might help you. Anyway, even if you have already sorted yourself out - others of you might want to see it... It's not super amazing - like Boo seems to manage - but it's the best I can do with my limited computer and photography abilities!

Anyway - here is the link...SolunarSilverStudio’s Blog

I've just had a look at the blog again - and if you want me to make the smaller photos as big as the others let me know...I was trying to save space a bit but it's no good if it means no-one can see what is going on in the pictures!!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 23-10-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

Woo, thanks Barbara! I'll read it and have another go this evening.

ETA: Ah, I don't have a clamp. I think I might be able to get something more regular than I managed before by letting the weave be looser and just accept that it's going to be a bit different.
    Last edited by Kalorlo; 23-10-2009 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalorlo View Post
    Woo, thanks Barbara! I'll read it and have another go this evening.

ETA: Ah, I don't have a clamp. I think I might be able to get something more regular than I managed before by letting the weave be looser and just accept that it's going to be a bit different.
    Thanks from me too I don't have clamp either, but am keen to have a go as well. It looks so striking, doesn't it!

BTW, I love your blog.

xx
    Jules

In the book they use one of those heavy duty black and yellow spring clamps -

- Ok so that one is red and black but the same sort of thing!! - but as I didn't have one of those I thought the ring clamp worked really well - especially as it has cork padded insides to the jaws. I guess you could use anything along those lines.

I'm glad you like my blog Jules! ...just the ramblings of a slightly mad woman mostly...but it has taught me an awful lot about doing stuff with computers and has made me more outgoing and confident too, so it has had added benefits!!
    Last edited by Solunar Silver Studio; 23-10-2009 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks for the pic of the clamp Bee. I've just remembered I use some tiny red and black clamps to hold my display boards to the table, so I'll use one of those when I have a go. Thanks Bee.

Its good to do something that we find difficult, isn't it. The buzz & confidence boost you get from it when you do it is well worth the 'agony' of trying something new, isn't it!
    xx
    Last edited by Petal; 23-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.
    Jules

I have no clamps at all! I might have to go past the hardware shop tomorrow and see what they have.

Woo! I picked up a big spring clamp today and my go tonight was rather more successful: by the last two inches here I'd say I'd got the hang of it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	twotoneplait.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	493

I reused the wires I'd been trying with before, so they were a tad rippled to start with!

Thanks again for the tutorial - it helped a lot