I am never very comfortable with the thought of posting threads on this category but here goes....

I've been having a play with wire weaving - since I am still feeling a bit under the weather (it's been nearly 6 weeks now!!) - and this seemed like a fairly easy process in principle!!

I have only used silver plated wire and had to guess how much to use...so it has ended up 25cm long!!

It is only my first attempt and I am pretty pleased the way it has come out...what do you think?? (Please excuse hairy arm!! - could do with a bit of photoshopping!!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baraid bracelet.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	473

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	braid blet.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	474

I've just folded the ends over for now although it is firm enough to chop them off without it unravelling! I have got the instructions from this book http://www.rockhounds.com/rockshop/b...re_jewelry.jpg and there are loads of ideas in there for different weaves and using pmc as end pieces and focals so I think there is lots of potential.

Ultimately I want to have a go using Argentium...but this piece - although a bit on the long side!!- took about 4 metres, so it won't be cheap! Has anyone tried using Argentium with pmc yet? I don't know whether I should try to 'slip'/embed end pieces on or solder them...

Any thoughts anybody? I might try a ring sized piece over the weekend and try both techniques...but all comments welcomed!!