Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hallmarking "tags"

If you wanted to be origional, and look 'branded' you could design a shape based on a hallmark tag, and have a die cutter make you a stamp, for about £100, but this could incorperate the ring hole or holes, as well as logo.
    To get a clean cut on something so small you then have a stamper do a small run for you, out of silver strip or sheet, but about 1mm thick minimum.

(your logo should be sunk in, not raised, and simple and bold, as the tag will be hit from the other side during assay)

its not cheap, but will be very exclusive and totally proffessional.

You can just solder it dangling, it doesnt have to be conected in line or anything, just on the item.

there is a box on each assay form for simple instructions, such as 'mark on tag' ....and do em a simple diagram...... as they sub out the actual marking, so is often indian child workers doing the marking.....na only kidding! had you going though......
    Last edited by ben b; 20-10-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ben b View Post
    If you wanted to be origional, and look 'branded' you could design a shape based on a hallmark tag, and have a die cutter make you a stamp, for about £100, but this could incorperate the ring hole or holes, as well as logo.
    To get a clean cut on something so small you then have a stamper do a small run for you, out of silver strip or sheet, but about 1mm thick minimum.

(your logo should be sunk in, not raised, and simple and bold, as the tag will be hit from the other side during assay)

its not cheap, but will be very exclusive and totally proffessional.

You can just solder it dangling, it doesnt have to be conected in line or anything, just on the item.

there is a box on each assay form for simple instructions, such as 'mark on tag' and do em a simple diagram.
    I would adore that
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

hallmarks arent always punched into something and dont have to neccessarily be normal size. On delicate pieces a hallmark can be lasered in. hallmarks can be punched into a closed jumpring too.

on a slightly sideways note......I've been making tags out of pmc lately(seems like the best way to get a nice tag without a bank loan) which has been going okay and I'm pretty pleased with the results, but I'm only managing to get detail on one side. Is it feasible to make ones with pattern/writing on both?
    J x