Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Collaborators Wanted!

Oooh liking the shop software - did you build it in house?
    It's a fully customisable software package called 'Cactushop' - really powerful and search engine friendly. I don't tend to mess too much with the layout and features as a rule because it works well for me, it's just the CSS I alter.

If you buy £1800 worth of Titanium ring stock off me I'll build you one and host it for free for you

Quote Originally Posted by geti-titanium View Post
    If you buy £1800 worth of Titanium ring stock off me I'll build you one and host it for free for you
    Oh ok then lol x

Oh ok then lol x
    Sold! That woman at the back.

Default Please check my work.

I've been doing a little research today and would be grateful if a few lampers could give this info sheet the once over for errors just to make sure I understand what lampworking is all about.

Many thanks.

What is Lampworking?

I read your what is lampworking blurb.

You might want to think about mentioning silver rich glass which creates some of the wonderful metallics and rainbow colours that you get in lampwork beads and maybe the crushed glass, frit, that is used in decoration too?

A lot of lampworkers also use fine silver as wire, leaf or foil to add to their work and presses to help shape the glass bead into uniform shapes for a set.

The very fine glass rods you mention are called stringers and can vary from about 2 mm thick right down to hair fine!
    We also use multi coloured rods, usually created in advance by the artist, called twisties and shards, a bubble of glass is blown and then shattered and the resulting shards make a wonderful texture on a bead.

This may well be information you already have and rejected for your website. If so, sorry to repeat!

If you want to know any more please feel free to message me, I could talk about lampwork for hours!

Julia

Hi Julia....since you can talk for hours about lampworking.... I have a friend who is pretty much self taught as a lampworker who was trying to work out how to get the really fine intricate and accurately positioned fine lines that he has seen on some beads recently. They are far too fine to be stringers and are so accurately placed and straight without the little pools you tend to get at the beginning and end of stringers. He has seen something about glass pens...I think it was on the Warm Glass website and wondered if it was these that were being used. Have you had any experience of these? And if so are they easy to use and worth the investment to have a play with??

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Geti... but when something pops into my dusty little brain I have to act or I forget what it was!!

Quote Originally Posted by Solunar Silver Studio View Post
    Hi Julia....since you can talk for hours about lampworking.... I have a friend who is pretty much self taught as a lampworker who was trying to work out how to get the really fine intricate and accurately positioned fine lines that he has seen on some beads recently. They are far too fine to be stringers and are so accurately placed and straight without the little pools you tend to get at the beginning and end of stringers. He has seen something about glass pens...I think it was on the Warm Glass website and wondered if it was these that were being used. Have you had any experience of these? And if so are they easy to use and worth the investment to have a play with??
    You mean like this.. Flickr: Dora Schubert's Photostream

Dora's stringer work is all done by hand, using hair fine stringer and flame.. just tell your friend, its a steady hand, low heat and practice !!