Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The torch - yet again

Default The torch - yet again

I would really like to know why i cannot fill my torch properly, i have had this problem since the day i got it, my husband managed to get a bit in it and i have managed it once, certainly not filled it tho. I have been trying for the last hour to get some gas in it , and now my son is attempting it. I have tried being gentle, hard, having no hissing having heaps of hissing, i am covered in boody lighter fluid and all i have is just too links left to solder.

To say this torch gives me stress is an understatement, my head is about to burst, my arms are about to fall off and anything that moves gets it in the neck, so this is not a house anyone wants to be in atm including me.

THERE MUST BE AN EASIER WAY
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

It sounds to me like perhaps you haven't got the right nozzle on the fuel can. It should fill pretty instantaneously - all mine certainly do. If you're getting fluid, it's either full, or not engaging properly into the filling mechanism.

Have you tried using any of the other nozzles - one of my torches does need an adapter.

Su - is it the little Cookson's torch? If it is then I think it may be faulty - I have one and it fills in a nano-second. Without using an adapter, by the way.

As you've had probs from day one, I do wonder if its faulty.
    Di x

i have tried it with nozzles, without nozzles, you name it i have tried it, i think kit managed to get a bit in without the nozzle.

Sorry i have got so het up with it. I will keep persvereing
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

Di's right. You really shouldn't be having that much trouble. I'd get them to replace it - it's not a piece of kit you want to be taking chances with.

Before you go to the hassle of trying to replace the torch...nip down to the corner shop and pick up a new can of lighter fluid. I have had one which from the day I bought it I couldn't get it to fill my torches....but I had had the benfit of knowing that I can do it with other cans. So I bought another one and was perfectly OK for filling again. If this is the only can of fluid you have tried - go get another!!

I'm with the others on this, mine doesn't make any sound and fills fully in a few seconds - and doesn't need much pressure - if you get it on sweetly, you can hold it with one hand. You feel the body go cold under your hand as the gas fills it and as soon as you get any hissing, it's because it's overflowing and therefore full.

I too had one cannister that wouldn't fill it without leaking over my hands - I tried every nozzle in the lid. I just stopped using it - all others have been fine. So far, I've found that the default nozzle has worked with all brands.

I did well when away on holiday - a market stall that sells reading glasses and smoking paraphernalia etc. had some Ronson cans with 50% extra free at £1 each - Tesco will only sell you one at a time of the tiny cans at something like £1.85 each. I only had £3 on me at the time, so had 3 and asked if it was okay to buy that many and she said if I'd been 18 she wouldn't, but she didn't think I'd be up to mischief with it. Made the blokes within earshot turn and look sharply when I said it was for my blowtorch.

Mine fills up without the additional nozzle from cans bought at a market stall too, and have also used Swan and Ronson canisters. (You are using the pressurised canisters Su ?.... Just thought I'd ask..... )

got three cans i try and yes lol they are the right ones nic lol. i just dont have the knack - nor soes anyone in this hous. i dread soldering when it gets low cos i dont know how long it will be before we can fill it again
    Su' xx

One day i will arrive

And are you holding the torch upside down so that the gas cannister is upside down too..........