I've been having great fun with fimo and my pasta machine this weekend - running colours through it is so satisfying even before I do anything else with them! I made some more complicated canes than my black and white ones, including a leaf that didn't work so well (nts: green and brown don't work very well for a skinner blend, too similar) but I do have a rather nice geometric pattern cane instead from the remains of the leaf.

No photos yet - mostly I have sliced bits of cane (and a couple of large swirly beads that I couldn't bring myself to keep blending to make background colour). My boyfriend wandered in, made a noise of delight and said "You're not making beads, you're making patterns!"

I've also been doing some intensive lurking on the Frit Happens Forum, and I've ordered myself Sally Carver's lampworking dvd. I'm investigating the options for lessons reachable from SE London as well. I really really want to have a go!

Aaaaand I requested Jinks McGrath's Jewellery Making: A Complete Course for Beginners as an inter-library loan. So we'll see in about 4 weeks if I can get hold of that. I asked for Corina Tettinger's Passing the Flame as well, but it wasn't in the system at all. The guy looked it up on Amazon to make sure the details were right and whistled at the price

So, what's everyone else been up to this weekend?