Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Those elusive Feral cats

Default Those elusive Feral cats

Here's a couple of snaps I took of them ... the big fluffy one is so scared of anything, that he doesn't pose for pictures like the other one does, so his piccie is a bit blurred.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1427.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	404

Name:	DSCF1422.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	405

This one is the least feral and, as you can see, she sneaks in for evenings on the sofa in the warm!

Name:	DSCF1414.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	406

we love 'em.
    Jules

Aww that top one looks like a Halloween cat Jules
    Both gorgeous!
    nic x
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

They're lovely, Jules.

Back when the kids were small, Tom was desperate for a cat so off we went to the cats protection league to get him one.

We came home with two - Bob and Casper - who were feral. Somebody had caught them and put them in a black bin bag. They were just about to go through the crusher at the recycling centre when somebody heard them yell.

Now, methinks that the CPL lady was telling me porkies - whoever managed to get hold of feral cats long enough to stuff em in a bin bag?
    Di x

He's all fluff and nothing else really! He hides under the car when we put the food out and then gradually comes out to eat. His mum (the one in the middle pic), gives him a big 'bif' round the face now and again, as he's such a wimp. It took him ages to get used to having his own bowl (they all used to share one bowl and it was a bit of a bun fight), so we bought them one each.
    Jules

They look friendly rather than feral.
    On a serious note do you know if they've been neutered?

I think he's so terrified 'cos they all had to be caught in a separate cage to go to the vets to be neutered and speyed. He came back minus a rather important organ, so he probably thinks when I go near him to feed him, I'm gonna take him back to the vets to have something else removed! The middle one (Beryl the Ferral!) has had the top of her ear clipped, which is what they do when they spey them (seems very cruel to me)

They were here when we arrived, so we 'adopted' them and yes, they are quite friendly and don't rip your arm off, though if you go around the back of Beryl, she will hiss at you
    Jules

I think they look lovely

Ours hid behind the furniture for about a month when we first got her (in Cairo). We only knew she was alive because the food went and the litter tray needed changing.

One day she emerged, having stolen an expensive cat's tail somewhere along the line.

Ten years, a very expensive air fare and six month's quarantine later, she's just a big old cushion, but we still live very much on her terms!

Oh George, I know exactly what you mean. My hubby is squished at one end of the sofa, so the cat can stretch out! We don't put the rubbish out for recycling until they have been fed, in case it scares them and and ... need I say more
    Jules

Ha ha, they've got you sussed!

Do you know what guys, a few hours ago I said 'I must sort out that clasp I did the other day, its not right and I want to re-do it'... ummmmm I've been on here ever since!
    Jules