Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a morning person?

Default Are you a morning person?

As a rule I tend to wake up in a good mood - now it's dark in the mornings though it is a little more difficult to be chipper, especially scraping ice off the windscreen like I did this morning. The one thing that seems to raise a laugh out of me every morning and last thing at night though is a little message on my toothpaste tube saying 'Squeeze from bottom'. I can think of at least 15 different little images from that gem.

What gets you going in the mornings?

I have always been a morning person, much to the irritation of one of my malaysian friends, he used to curse me lol.

I dont know why, the alarm goes off and i am straight out of bed and on with the day. I used to find it difficult to wait for the alarm and would be up by 5, but i gradually "trained" myself and now get up at 6.45, 7 days a week.

My OH is also a morning person, so it was a bit of a shock to find our sons werent lol, #2 son isnt too bad but #3 is like a bear with a sore head in the mornings and gets totally stressed out by the slightest thing and just moans to his hearts content lol.
    Su' xx

My FB fanpage -https://www.facebook.com/CintaHandCraftedJewellery
    My Website www.cintahandcraftedjewellery.co.uk

I want to learn so much, and i want to know it all NOW!!!:p

One day i will arrive

A huggle a day makes the bad stuff go away

Now this is an apt thread for me at this moment in time.
    I'm slouched in bed really not wanting to get up with the laptop perched on my knees. Should have got up about 40 mins ago but instead have facebooked, emailed my Mother (now, that's desperation), and now I find myself here, on the Cookies Forum, desperately trying to escape the inevitable.
    Nothing.........nothing gets me going in the morning. Always a struggle to get up. Could happily stay here until 2 or 3pm.
    But now I discover that Geti is scraping ice off his car in the mornings!! Man! That sucks!
    Living down here in the subtropical climate of Kent we have no such worries! We Southern Softies are still wandering around semi-naked and barefoot at this time of year
    So I shall try to use the image of some Northern Man scraping ice to help me realise how lucky I am to get myself out of bed in the mornings now! Ta Geti!
    Now, where did I leave my grass skirt & flower garland last night.......

Having been woken by my sleepless little darlings for a decade or more I have never since needed an alarm and am usually up and working by 6...or I was before the birth of Cookson's Forum....and this little brat never seems to sleep!! I still get up at the same time but rarely get out into the 'studio' before 8.30...after a leisurely breakfast - reading the posts!! On the down side...I am practically comatose by 9pm. And on the days when I have my grandchildren round I have been known - not too infrequently - to fall asleep with my head on the dining table - whilst waiting for my daughters to hurry up and take them away to bed!! The rest of my family, now, as adults, take after my OH and rarely get to bed before 2am and are absolute murder to get up in the mornings!!

I hate mornings
    Di x

Red face

I'm not a morning person at all, and neither is my OH, but he has to get up at 6:30 for work so I try to get up with him most mornings to make him breakie. When he demands to know why I'm in a fowl mood for no reason I have to quote Oscar Wilde... "Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"

Hm, I'm a night owl except there's this really irritating thing called "work" and they expect me to be there by 8.30 am!!! So, alarm around 6 ish, I surface about 6.30, leave house about 7 - almost fit to drive at that point too Then 1hr in rush hour traffic, but the bonus is the countryside I drive through - the mist over the river yesterday was beautiful, pity I didn't have a camera handy.

I'd like to be able to stay up until midnight each night but 'cos of the alarm thingy time, I'm usually in bed around 10.30. Assuming next door's dogs don't spending too much time barking that is.
    Anne

Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
    Blog: http://www.whiteoakjewellery.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte View Post
    "Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast"
    Ha! I'll have to remember that one thanks!
    J x

I'm not a great morning person..unless you count 1-2am when I see the morning in
    Tend to be up early though, Skittles (the Cat) doesn't understand "sleep-ins"
    Nic xx
    Monthly FREE entry giveaways on Blogs!
    Shop Blog: http://muranosilver.blogspot.com/
    Silver Clay Blog: http://pmctips.blogspot.com/
    View images of my work on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/muranosilver

Not a morning person this morning anyway, i keep dropping everything, pressing the wrong buttons on the pc............... Things that should take 2 minutes are taking 10 so i am going to watch some tv and relax for an hour