Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a morning person?

I usually always wake up cheerful in the mornings, the music is on and I'm dancing about in the kitchen making tea and porridge! Except for today, 'cos yesterday I fell down the last three stairs at home and my ankle is a bit painful so there was a bit of singing instead and my nickname of the day is 'hoppity' Can I blame this on the moon again, Di ???

OMG Nic, now THAT is very early! The lady who never sleeps... Ahhhh, we can forgive our cats though, can't we, 'cos they're so lovely - do you have catnaps to catch up then??
    Jules

Not a morning person and could stay in bed all snuggled up until I actually felt like I was awake. I usually do my best work in the afternoon and evening. I make myself get up and take my stepdaughter to school even though it's only a 15 minute walk for her (she walks home though) as it means I get washed and dressed beofre going out of the house. Sometimes she doesn't have a lesson first thing and, as she is 6th form, doesn't have to go in for registration as they sign themselves in. Then we both get a bit of a lie in

I'm neither a morning nor a night time person, I am one of those Thatcher types I'm afraid, late to bed - early to rise, and very little sleep in between.

I could use this as an excuse for being a perpetual miserable old hag, but in actual fact I think that I have a just morphed into a "grumpy old woman " ( which is my favourite TV programme, it's reassuring to know that I am not the only one and I sit on the sofa huffing with them and yelling to the like minded ladies " OMG, I know what you mean!" Sheila Hancock is my role model and I would very much like to be like her when I grow up)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Quinn View Post
    I am one of those Thatcher types I'm afraid
    please don't say that......
    J x

Ah, Jayne, at the risk of being contentious I think Thatcher was okay before she went loopy. She ruined it all, of course, but initially I think she had the right ideas: everybody is responsible for themselves type thing. I believe that anybody can be whatever they want to be - if they're prepared to work hard.

Sometimes fate intervenes - as I know from personal experience - and that was where the iron lady had a blind spot.

My personal and humble opinion.
    Di x

Sorry Di, that wasn't a comment on her politics or ideals - just the concept of someone who is so obsessionally single minded and unrelenting - a description that I think most people would concur with regardless of their political colours.
    Just meant I wouldn't fancy sharing a pint with her.
    Thatcher that is, not Lisa.
    Love to share a pint with Lisa
    J x

I concur then, love
    Di x

I really don't like mornings either - my staff all know not to bring me too many problems when I'm on a 7am start, they uaually know they are safe after my first sarcastic remark of the day. My natural body clock means I would go to bed around 3 in the morning and be up again by 10. I tend to do paperwork first thing, it eases my brain into the day nicely.
    Annie xXx

All things are possible - if you look at them the right way!

I am with Di........

Em

welll i am not a morning person or an afternoon person or and evening person the best time for me is when i am fast asleep and i dont have to shout scream or moan at anyone