Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Petal View Post
    Funny that, cos although I was born in the south, we do have connections to the north (my parents were from 'up north'). We went to see some outlaws recently in Grimsby and eee by gum it was like travelling back in time, to my Nan's place where she used to give us tea with bicarbonate of soda in and for lunch we'd have a big flat round yorkshire pudding and gravy and then a roast beef dinner by 'eck.
    I'm a mixture too. All northern apart from my maternal grandfather's family who lived in a small village called Filby in Norflolk for hundreds of years. One of them left at the time of the industrial revolution and that was that.

We visited a few years ago and the churchyard is full of my dead relatives. A very moving experience.

Di, I miss the sea......I always miss the sea.......and the rather unromantic smell of coal fires.

I've never heard of bicarb in tea though??

Oh it was horrible tasting tea, we all had to say 'yes please' and hated it, oh and the slobbery kisses you always get from granny's - yuk. Oh and she had a rocking chair which, when she died, we discovered was half the size, as she always put an extra cover on it 'to protect it and keep it for best'!
    Jules