Thread: Smiths little torch oxygen propane set up…

Default Smiths little torch oxygen propane set up…

I am full of questions today…. With arresters, bottles of gas (not an oxygen generator…..and the different nozels etc…ie a full kit what am I likely to need to pay. There seem to be quite a variety from knock offs from the east to pucker jobs. All a bit confusing!
    David……Ruedeleglise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi David, i’ve found the best deals that can be had are from over-the-counter at a friendly welding supply company. For generic unbranded kit I would expect to pay roughly £100 for a pair of regulators and about £30 for a pair of flashback arresters. The original Smith’s little torch is about £250. There are a lot of cheaper versions on offer, but I’m sure they’re all counterfeit rip-offs. When ordering make sure you purchase the propane variety and not acetylene by mistake. The long neck bud multi jet burner does not come with the kit you have to buy it as an extra. I use hobbyweld for an oxygen supplier, a 9 litre refill is about £40 … N
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 24-03-2024 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nicks creative stuff View Post
    Hi David, i’ve found the best deals that can be had are from over-the-counter at a friendly welding supply company. For generic unbranded kit I would expect to pay roughly £100 for a pair of regulators and about £30 for a pair of flashback arresters. The original Smith’s little torch is about £250. There are a lot of cheaper versions on offer, but I’m sure they’re all counterfeit rip-offs. When ordering make sure you purchase the propane variety and not acetylene by mistake. The long neck bud multi jet burner does not come with the kit you have to buy it as an extra. I use hobbyweld for an oxygen supplier, a 9 litre refill is about £40 … N

Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 24-03-2024 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Thanks. I will have a scout round for a welding company.

Last edited by Ruedeleglise; 24-03-2024 at 04:34 PM.