Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on Maun parallel pliers

The marking is fractionally different on mine - looks electro etched; model number is the same, although mine may say B0 (or D8 or any combination thereof) rather than T2.

I'd concur with returning them.

The 2 pairs of maun pliers I have don't have any pitting on the jaws, they may have been machined, but they are from 40 years ago, 35 years old for the smaller ones. They have been used, abused and repaired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20240313_101711126scaled.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	13582

I just thought I would update this to say that the pliers I sent back (via their courier) were apparently delivered outside the building or to the wrong address or something, I gave them over week from me sending them back for them to do something/anthing, but they didn't seem bothered, so I had to ask for a refund. I bought a pair of PTL Prestige pliers for half the price of Maun and they seem better than the Maun ones, they are closer to parallel, the jaw metal looks good and they have a lighter spring force which feels better and a spring in each handle so nothing pulling them out of alignment at the tip, although obviously no idea how long they might last.

Well that is a sad and unusual drama, just about pliers.
    I'm sorry you had all this trouble, and hope that the prestige version will serve you for life. They are a good price too.
    Thank you for your feed back. Dennis