Thread: Modern techniques

Default Modern techniques

Hi all I’ve just come across a YouTube channel that I find absolutely fascinating using all the latest technologys for jewellery making.
    Hey Josef, I would assume that you know these people as it’s very similar to your niche their name is Clear Mind Jewellery https://youtube.com/@ClearMindJewell...QaLshU8aHElvaM … I was amazed by seeing a video showing 3-D printing a casting tree made from a burnout resin.
    I know this sort of things not for everyone but I find it very enchanting to see how things move on so quickly … Nick

Hey Nick, Yeah I have seen their videos they are great. Its changed so much even in the time I've been using CAD etc. I was in right at the beginning (25ish years ago) which gave me good opportunities as no one had much experience. I'm still working on putting together a video inspired by your key making video showing some of the tech I use to make a key hopefully get it finished after new year! Cheers Joe

Cheers Joe, I thought this was right up your street being so similar to your channel … It doesn’t seem 25 years … How time flies. To be in at the start must help to keep up with this rapidly evolving industry, a bit like surfing if you can’t get on top of a wave your left far behind. Look forward to seeing a video of yours showing your workshop technologies, very different to my hammer and nail garage style stuff. 3-D Printing a two part mould for wax injection was an eye-opener … N