Thread: Hello! I'm looking for a vitreous enameler for high quality castings

Default Hello! I'm looking for a vitreous enameler for high quality castings

Hello Cooksongold Forum I'm new here- a fairly recent graduate from a jewellery degree at csm. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me to someone who enamels on castings? I know that enamelling on castings is not ideal given porosity issues however I have had experience of good results when the castings are of excellence and I know that some enamelers will work in this way. If anyone can recommend me that would be much appreciated. Thank you!c Lia

Hello Lia. I hope you connect with an enameller. You might also make use of free notice boards found in the showrooms of our suppliers. Dennis.

Hi Lia if you’ve recently graduated from CSM will they not have contacts you could try? It’s quite specific and there are a few people who enamel on here but don’t know if to the standards you require or for anyone else.
    I’m thinking of trying this on my husband but we may well fall out in the end as it will be a new process for both of us!

Thank you Dennis! Lia

Hi Caroline thank you for your reply! I asked some people at csm back in the day but will try again. I know one amazing enameller but she does not like to enamel on castings. She said it took her 10 years to fully get to grips with it but hope you and your husband have some fun with it and don't fall out !

Quote Originally Posted by Lia McSmith View Post
    Hi Caroline thank you for your reply! I asked some people at csm back in the day but will try again. I know one amazing enameller but she does not like to enamel on castings. She said it took her 10 years to fully get to grips with it but hope you and your husband have some fun with it and don't fall out !
    Oh there is no doubt we will fall out, we have never worked well together on anything. He took enamelling up as a hobby recently , I’ve been a jeweller for 40+ years so you can imagine being told how metal works etc etc went down like a lead balloon!
    Good luck in finding someone

Just to wrap this thread up with a short bit on etiquette - if you post a question on the forum and you don't like the answer, don't post it multiple times.

Particularly don't then be rude to a moderator when they ask you not to. There's only one reasonable outcome for that, and it involves how much I'm paid to put up with rudeness (clue: I'm not).

Thanks Peter for all your hard work and commitment keeping this forum on the straight and narrow … much appreciated … N
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 13-09-2023 at 01:08 PM.