Thread: Power engravers

Default Power engravers

I am considering the purchase of a power engraver e.g. GRS, a question for those who have one, I have 10 CFM compressor in my shed would keep up ( I would run a line to Jewellery workshop ), I have another compressor designed for air Brushing I, am 99% sure this would be too small.

I don't have a GRS, although I've used them. I've got an Airgraver, which runs very happily off a SilentAire compressor and a Pulsegraver, which needs none.
    What's the airbrush compressor?

There's no such thing as too large, but none of these (air powered) tools like contaminated air, so oil/water filters are essential.

The air brush compressor is a Toshiba, belonged the my Dad, he passed away in 92 so I have have had it for awhile, ( brand new in box ) it is a diaphragm type yes I realize it will need it's own filter.
    What is your set up I am open other brands, GRS was just to explain the type of unit I was talking about.

OK, I think the CFM reqs for GRS might outstrip the little compressor; an Airgraver might run on it, it depends how consistent the output is from it. I had a diaphragm compressor with no storage and it was a bit pulsey.
    Another option might be the Jura Artgraver, which has its own compressor built-in.

Thanks Peter, I will investigate

Just to let you all know fate has dealt it's hand, I will be going with a GraverMax G8, my compressor will run it easily. My friend in QLD's Dad does firearm engraving and updated his machine 12 months ago the Gravermax G8 is apparently in the way and collecting dust, if I want to go and get it it is mine. Looks like a road trip trip to Qld is coming up.

One thing about the GRS kit is that it has a large, established company behind it, so support is ongoing ad infinitum. Or at least the heat death of the universe.
    I still prefer the compact engineering of the Airgraver though