Thread: Hello World

Default Hello World

My wife and I are artists that utilize bone in jewelry, accessories and mash-up artworks.

Before you get all skeevy , We Do Not Kill Anything to make our art.

We harvest roadkill and our neighbors ranches, who harvest predators to protect their livestock.

In 2021 we encountered a supply chain issue when Rings and Things closed after years in business.

I will be asking for assistance with findings issues we are having. Here are some of our works.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NecklaceHogTooth.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	13544Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LgSnake.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	13545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PLE5.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	13546Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MdSnake.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	13547

Hello Derek, and welcome. Let us know what metal you are interested in, and we can make some suggestions.

Hi Derek and welcome from me too
    I’m guessing that you are in the US but we’ll dowhat we can

Thank you Dennis.

We had a really reliable findings supplier here in Oregon that shut down after 50 years in 2020.

I was using non-precious white brass and gold-tone headpins from them.

They carried 3" 21 gauge headpins. All I am able to find is 20 gauge and 19 gauge, which are too large for the beads I am using.

I figured I would make a public post in one of the other forum sub-threads. Knowing that this is mostly a UK and European group will make me place "U.S. findings supply issues" in the heading.

I am guessing that you have U.S. members?

Derek

You are not exclusively Europe based members, yes?

Or would I be wasting your and my time trying to find supply chain issues here?

Thanks,
    Derek

We are mostly U.K. based so tend to use U.K. suppliers. Some used to like particular German companies but since Brexit that seems to be more problematic and expensive.
    Rio Grande has been a go to in the past for some of us but don’t know about the pricing anymore. They always have a much wider choice of finding than some of the U.K. companies although they are getting better here. I would have a look at them in the first instance.
    Other than technical and jewellery making advice which we are always happy to help with , I guess we don’t have so much knowledge on US suppliers.
    I do however buy my jewellery books from Amazon US as they are still cheaper even with postage than here!
    Someone may have other thought but the forum has been a bit quiet of late
    Caroline