Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interlocking bangles

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    How are you getting on with the ring die? I bought one this week. I tried it with a hammer and ended up with a totally mangled ring as it moved between each hammer stroke. I was very unimpressed.

It works beautifully with the hydraulic press
    Hi there. I have made anticlastic spinner rings using doming punches successfully but do like the idea of making bangles. Obviously using doming punches can’t work as even the biggest will be too small. Are you really happy with your bangle die? May well take the plunge!
    David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruedeleglise View Post
    Hi there. I have made anticlastic spinner rings using doming punches successfully but do like the idea of making bangles. Obviously using doming punches can’t work as even the biggest will be too small. Are you really happy with your bangle die? May well take the plunge!
    David

I love my bangle die! This is the type of bangle it produces. For anticlastic though I have to use a stake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP71.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13543

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    I love my bangle die! This is the type of bangle it produces. For anticlastic though I have to use a stake.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LP71.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	13543
    Yes they look amazing. But what I was asking about, and I may well have missed the point is, I would like to make as it were a giant version of a spinner ring as a bangle! I guess I am barking up the wrong tree!

In that case the bangle die would only make the spinner ring for you.

You are also limited to 2mm wide wire if you hammer it. Now I have a press I'm going to try a heavier wire and see what happens