Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonky words

Default Wonky words

Help … I struggle with literacy … does this sentence make sense … Making a silver celtic knot cuff bracelet comes after previously testing ideas with copper before producing them in silver. … thanks Nick

Before making a silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet, it is best to test your idea by initially using copper.

Yours makes sense also. Just another way of putting it, of which there will be many!
    David.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brilliant, thanks for that David. Much appreciated. A much more coherent sentence … cheers … Nick

Don’t take me as an authority in anyway! I am dyslexic! In my school days I was labelled as being lazy.
    I thought my brother worked in whorehouse……not a warehouse!
    David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

David sounds about right.I would perhaps say before making a Celtic knot cuff in silver it would be best to make a prototype or (test the process) in a non precious metal such as copper. Something along those lines anyway

I'm dyslexic too. If you put your sentence into chat GPT (you need to set up an account but its free) and ask it to rewrite it you can pick the the style its massivly changed the way I do things. Here is an example I tried.

can you do it in a more basic way
    ChatGPT
    First, we experiment with different ideas using copper when creating a silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet. Once we are satisfied with the designs, we proceed to produce the final bracelet in silver.

User
    re write sentence in a more efficient way " Making a silver celtic knot cuff bracelet comes after previously testing ideas with copper before producing them in silver."

ChatGPT
    After testing ideas with copper, we transition to crafting the silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet.

Thanks Caroline, Josef and David for all your help with this … a bit embarrassing seeking help but rewarding results when asking. Prototype would have been a good word to use, I’ll save that for next time. I’m glad to have found the label dyslexia instead of what I was given at school being the class dunce. I know nothing of the chatGPT i’ll definitely be checking it out … sounds like potentially a formidable aid to have in my arsenal of digital tools that I can rely upon … Yours gratefully … Nick
    Last edited by nicks creative stuff; 18-05-2023 at 06:06 PM.

It may be just me but as a non dyslexic the chat version seems a bit rigid and sort of text bookie and robotic. Useful as a guide though

Yeah I can see that but the good thing is you can ask it to write things in different styles so you can find something you like. Its also good at working words out that are spelt incorrectly. I find it useful maybe its not for everyone !

write in the style of yoda "Making a silver celtic knot cuff bracelet comes after previously testing ideas with copper before producing them in silver"

ChatGPT
    After testing ideas with copper, producing them in silver comes, making a silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet does.

User
    rewrite in the style of harry potter
    ChatGPT
    In the realm of craft and creation, the journey unfolds. First, experimenting with copper to gauge the possibilities, paving the way for the grand finale in shimmering silver. Behold! A splendid silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet emerges, woven with magical artistry and enchanting charm.

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Yeah I can see that but the good thing is you can ask it to write things in different styles so you can find something you like. Its also good at working words out that are spelt incorrectly. I find it useful maybe its not for everyone !

write in the style of yoda "Making a silver celtic knot cuff bracelet comes after previously testing ideas with copper before producing them in silver"

ChatGPT
    After testing ideas with copper, producing them in silver comes, making a silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet does.

User
    rewrite in the style of harry potter
    ChatGPT
    In the realm of craft and creation, the journey unfolds. First, experimenting with copper to gauge the possibilities, paving the way for the grand finale in shimmering silver. Behold! A splendid silver Celtic knot cuff bracelet emerges, woven with magical artistry and enchanting charm.
    I’ll go with the Harry Potter version Josef.
    I can only imagine what a boon it is for you.My husband could barely read a book without a ruler when we met .His police exams were a disaster for him and prior to that any exams really.He was never able to reach his full potential
    My neighbour is a tutor and she uses a system of coloured lenses if I remember rightly which help some people and I wondered if you knew about them. I found a related website recently while trying to find something to help me cope with daylight https://irlen.com/