Thread: Korean Knife

Default Korean Knife

Did not know where to put this although I thought some on the forum may find it interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6886Y5mhY

Excellent find - loads to enjoy about that.

Thanks China, well that was an absolute delight to watch, great to see how it can be done without all our modern technologies. Lots of unique tools and techniques I’ve not seen before … always something new to appreciate on YouTube … N

Amazing. Not a torch in sight, super filing skills, sand and water finish. Dennis

Wonderful! Thank you for a great find, one I suspect I shall re-watch many times.

Very interesting video, I have the same rolling mill ;-)

I wonder if soldering in this way with charcoal reduces/eliminates firescale? I saw the good old lead block as well :-)

There was a similar program on the TV this evening called "handmade in Japan" making a sword equally good and on iPlayer. I'm not sure it's available outside of the UK.

Handmade in Japan, Series 1: 1. Samurai Sword: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08v8gxl via @bbciplayer

Quote Originally Posted by alastairduncan View Post
    There was a similar program on the TV this evening called "handmade in Japan" making a sword equally good and on iPlayer. I'm not sure it's available outside of the UK.

Handmade in Japan, Series 1: 1. Samurai Sword: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08v8gxl via @bbciplayer
    Just a warning - it's time limited to 29 days from now, so this link won't work in a month's time. Also, at 29 minutes long, it misses out loads. Some slightly odd translations on some bits - some of the words were translated to similar but different terms, for example.
    I'd have like to see more progress on the block of tamahagene to sunobe, and the adding of the bo hi, and, and...
    It's a shame they aren't doing the koshirae in another programme.

Quote Originally Posted by ps_bond View Post
    Just a warning - it's time limited to 29 days from now, so this link won't work in a month's time. Also, at 29 minutes long, it misses out loads. Some slightly odd translations on some bits - some of the words were translated to similar but different terms, for example.
    I'd have like to see more progress on the block of tamahagene to sunobe, and the adding of the bo hi, and, and...
    :-) yes half an hour is just about enough to whet your appetite, I'm happy to get a small insight from the BBC and its a lot better than the new Great Expectations garbage ;-)

What a wonderful skill. Terrific clip. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk