I am about to make another bangle, the design is 6x2mm silver wire 21cm length, it will have a hammered finish over 95% of the surface, the middle cm not hammered but with a C stamped, either side will be gold hearts cut from 7mm gold blanks each with the initial letter of a child, the metal is already hallmarked. I normally make the bangle, polish off the fire scale and then when bright hammer the surface until the right size is achieved on my mandrel, the issue then is when I attach the hearts I run the risk of firescale again, polishing it off removes the hammered surface and as it is the right size I can't hammer it again, I now have a pin polisher and a Loretone barrel polisher as well as mops, 3m discs and buffs. I have used magic borax solution over the hammered surface but I still get the firescale shadow in the hollows of the hammered dimples, Im thinking maybe make it all flat at the right length or slightly small then join it. Can anyone give advice or suggest a different approach?