Thread: New to brush plating

Default New to brush plating

Hello everyone, I am new to brush plating and are open to any suggestion or tips you might have for me. I bought my first brush kit from "Gold Solutions Plating" in UK. Really good kit and easy to use. Paul George is very helpful and walked me though all of it. I am open to hear any tips or suggestions you might have thank you. Here is a pic of what ive done so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gold.jpg  

That looks terrific. How wear resistant is the gold layer?
    David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, I don't know how to tell how thick it is by microns. When I started it was nickel base so I just electrocleaned nickel activated and gold plated. Gave it a good first coat to each one. Then when back and plated each again for like 1 min. Waited a day then polished them with gold polish and they came out nice. I wont know how resistant they are till this weekend when i have my gig and see if it rubs of or not. I hope not. I read somewhere to use Collinite wax as per (CASWELL) for protection.

Be interesting to hear how it all goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it will wear off quite quickly on the pats that are frequently touched or rubbed, but the resuts could still be quite pretty.
    Don't waste your money on fancy wax, but keep an eye out for nickel sensitivity, because once you get it, it will be a nuisance for years.
    Dennis.

The only experience I have had with brush on gold plate is car badges, I would not bother again did not last very long, four or five car washes and it started to wear off. (using PH neutral wash )