Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: faulty products

Default faulty products

Has anyone else had a problem getting Cooksongold to honour warranty on equipment that has failed during it's warranty.

Our Foredom tumbler has failed and I've been trying for 9 days to get an answer out of customer services as to what to do. Emails go unanswered, phone calls just result in a 'we'll get back to you' Very poor customer service. No point in giving a 2 year warranty if they're not going to honour it is there?

Talk to Foredom they are really healpful.

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Talk to Foredom they are really healpful.

I've tried finding Foredom UK but searches take me to Cooksonsgold, I'd be very grateful if you could direct me to their UK Business.

Maybe Email the American site and ask ?

All I can do is suggest that you persist with the calls.

Foredom is a US company - there is no UK business. They're usually very helpful, but under the CRA your first port of call should be the vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    Maybe Email the American site and ask ?
    I have emailed Foredom USA asking for information on their UK subsidiary or importers but never heard back.

I agree, it should be with Cooksongold but as I'm getting nowhere with them I thought I'd try and find out if Foredom have a UK service centre.. Cooksongold say they have an 'Exclusive' 2 year guarantee, if they wont honour it then I'll have to pay to have it repaired, £371 is a lot to throw away on something that's not be used a year.
    All I can say to others thinking of investing money on equipment with them is; Caveat emptor - Imagine investing a few thousand in say a laser engraver and having that fail. . . .

Hi
    The law is straightforward and clear and on your side.
    1 Foredom is nothing to do with this. Your contract - the basis of your legal agreement of sale - is with Cooksons.
    2 Simply send by snail post a letter clearly stating the facts (briefly) to cooksons and head it 'letter before action'. The snail address has (by law) to be on the website. It might be well hidden but it should be there on the websites of all distance sellers. If not phone and ask for the address for service. By law they must give you the name of the company and its legal address.
    3 sue for the cost of a replacement, plus court costs and any other incidental costs in the county court. It is incredibly easy to do online
    If you get beyond 3 without your money back or a replacement post again and I'll tell you how to enforce the court judgement.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Hi
    The law is straightforward and clear and on your side.
    1 Foredom is nothing to do with this. Your contract - the basis of your legal agreement of sale - is with Cooksons.
    2 Simply send by snail post a letter clearly stating the facts (briefly) to cooksons and head it 'letter before action'. The snail address has (by law) to be on the website. It might be well hidden but it should be there on the websites of all distance sellers. If not phone and ask for the address for service. By law they must give you the name of the company and its legal address.
    3 sue for the cost of a replacement, plus court costs and any other incidental costs in the county court. It is incredibly easy to do online
    If you get beyond 3 without your money back or a replacement post again and I'll tell you how to enforce the court judgement.
    Thank you for the information.

Well some good news, They 'phoned today to say they've dispatched a replacement machine and will arrange collection of the old one. That part is good, the time they've taken to do it, not so much.