Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic gas torch lighter igniter

Default Automatic gas torch lighter igniter

Hi all, I was going to buy a gas torch lighter but I made one of these instead and save myself some money … thanks for watching … cheers Nick
    https://youtu.be/gJxJ0_MGjXg

Thank you Nick, that's fun. The wheels from used lighters can also be mounted on a mandrel, as trimmers. Dennis.

What a good idea Nick, much cheaper than buying the more expensive ones on the market.
    Jules

Thanks for that Dennis, never thought of using the wheels before … so many possibilities with tips and tricks to share … cheers … Nick

Thanks Jules, being a hobbyist i’m always looking to save a few quid here and there if possible … nice one … Nick

Very good, I have Arthritis, will give it a go. Thanks

Interesting Nick, something I have on my purchase list for about 10 years, now I will have to shift it to the to do list. May have to modify our lighters as they have some form of child safety, I have not purchased one for that many years I'm not up to date

Thanks Peter, I was surprised how well a bit of leverage worked with a lighter … now only needs a delicate touch … N

Thanks China, never heard of a child safety on a lighter before, better safe than sorry … they come in so many shapes and styles but this worked well because it had a electric igniter … glad there’s no kids around play with this one … N

Hi Nick as an electronics engineer I've been musing with the idea of building a little ignition circuit but keep on putting it off but hey, I don't even have to bother doing that now. Well done so easy to use and I like the idea that, the way that you have it, you can just flip the top plate back to avoid accidental ignition.

Regards . . . Andy