Thread: 5 Band Russian Wedding Ring.

Default 5 Band Russian Wedding Ring.

Hi. Hoping someone can help. I am trying to fix a ring for a family member that is a 5 band Russian wedding ring that someone else tried to fix and really messed up.

I have referred 3 of the bands and made two new ones and am now ready to assemble.

The problem I am having is finding anything on line that explains simply how to attach the 5 bands. I can find instructions for 3 bands but not 5.

Can anyone help with simple instructions or a link to a resource that shows me how to do it?

Many thanks
    Laura.

Information on these is sparse, Laura. I have found this picture to refer to, but it's not enough: https://www.silverly.co.uk/products/...ssic-multiband.

If no member replies with experience of them, I would make some up and experiment with various combinations, (not soldered) until you find the right way.
    They will all be the same size.
    My first attempt would be to do the same thing as for three: Put one through one, put next through two, next through three, and continue to five. Welcome to the forum Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 02-11-2022 at 12:17 PM.

This post from 2012 came up in a Google search, there might be something useful in it
    https://www.cooksongold.com/forum/sh...?t=4339&page=2

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Information on these is sparse, Laura. I have found this picture to refer to, but it's not enough:

If no member replies with experience of them, I would make some up and experiment with various combinations, (not soldered) until you find the right way.
    They will all be the same size.
    My first attempt would be to do the same thing as for three: Put one through one, put next through two, next through three, and continue to five. Welcome to the forum Dennis.
    Thanks Dennis for the advice and the welcome.

I’m thinking maybe make some rough copper rings and try with them first as really don’t want to mess it up.

I make these all the time - just add each ring in the same orientation as the last. You can see instantly if you've got it wrong as the ring will not lie correctly.

It's very hard to take a picture as the rings are determined to move back into their right places, but I've tried (apologies for the pins - blu-tack just didn't work)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5-ring-orientation.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	13415

I made a quick video of how i work out the sizes hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by mizgeorge View Post
    I make these all the time - just add each ring in the same orientation as the last. You can see instantly if you've got it wrong as the ring will not lie correctly.

It's very hard to take a picture as the rings are determined to move back into their right places, but I've tried (apologies for the pins - blu-tack just didn't work)

Name:	5-ring-orientation.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	13415
    Thanks so much for this.

I managed to get it done this evening - followed instructions for a 3 band ring and then just continued to add. Looks so good.

If I can work out how to post a pic I will. 🤣

That is fantastic. Thanks so much.

Name:	A623E164-C714-4765-BA02-10A70F5EE45F.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	13416

Hoping this works.

I had to make 2 new rings and of course non standard wire size so lots of drawing needed to get as close as I could.

Re shaped the original 3 bands and then created the final piece.

Hardest thing was re soldering the 4 bands after I assembled but really happy with the finished article.

Thanks for the help all.

Well done. Lots of members joined in, which is the beauty of a forum.