Thread: Jubilee hallmark

Default Jubilee hallmark

Does anyone know the situation re the 70th jubilee special mark? I have some stuff to send in sometime soon and wondered whether I need to get it in now or still have some time?
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Extract of e-mail sent to me 9th

An announcement from the four Assay Offices of the United Kingdom

Yesterday Buckingham Palace announced the very sad news of the passing of our long-reigning monarch, Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. As a mark of respect, the Platinum Jubilee commemorative mark will now be withdrawn from use by the four Assay Offices of the United Kingdom.

Any items that have already been submitted or pre-scheduled for marking with the Platinum Jubilee mark will be processed as promised, but with immediate effect, no further new submissions for the commemorative mark will be accepted.

The commemorative mark was originally planned to be applied until the end of Her Majesty's platinum Jubilee year in December 2022.

Thanks. It is as I suspected and proves that procrastination carries its own failures
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

I’ve noticed that many are unhappy with this and are writing to ask them to change their minds as it’s felt this is the Jubilee year and should have continued. I suppose they would now get an overwhelming rush on top of Xmas so it’s not likely

They may do something like an accession or coronation one, which would make up for it?
    It does kind of make sense since we aren't exactly celebrating the jubilee any more.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

E-mail arrived today.

15 September 2022
    An announcement from the four Assay Offices of the United Kingdom
    Over the course of the last week the four Assay Offices of the UK have received a huge number of requests from the trade and the public in support of continuing the application of the Platinum Jubilee commemorative mark.
    After consultation with the King's Assay Master, the four Assay Offices of the UK are pleased to announce that from Tuesday 20th of September the Platinum Jubilee Mark will be made available again.
    The mark will remain available until the end of 2022, as originally scheduled.

The Goldsmiths’ Company Assay Office is where hallmarking began, and we have been testing and hallmarking precious metals for over 700 years.