Thread: Thompson enamel threads

Default Thompson enamel threads

Hi Folks,

Am based in Spain and having trouble sourcing Thompson enamel threads, the fine ones.

Be grateful if someone could point me to a supplier who would sell them, emailed Thompson, but no reply

many thanks

Had to look them up!
    I see they are a U.S. company and their distributors seem mainly US and Canada. There is one in Germany, maybe try them.
    My husband buys his from WG Ball but they only supply through Cookson now as they can’t afford to send to Europe

I use Thompson we have an agent in Australia, not much help to you being in Spain.

Thanks, actually going over to England this month, buying materials from Cooksons whilst there

But they only sell the straight threads, Thompson are much finer and mostly not straight, which I prefer.

Just called Thompson in the US, gave me a contact in Denmark, so fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by indospan View Post
    Thanks, actually going over to England this month, buying materials from Cooksons whilst there

But they only sell the straight threads, Thompson are much finer and mostly not straight, which I prefer.

Just called Thompson in the US, gave me a contact in Denmark, so fingers crossed!
    If you look at their website list of distributors there seems to be a few in Europe and some very random places in the U.K.

Thompson have recently had a fire in their workshop so possibly they are still off line. I have had enamels from Enamel Supply in Denmark in the past, good and efficient.
    Poor old Les