Thread: Sievert Nozzle still hot after 24hr

Default Sievert Nozzle still hot after 24hr

Hello, I hope anyone has an insight as to why my Sievert nozzle is still very hot after more than 24hr after using it??
    I'm a bit worried as I've had a bit of a trouble with it before - (not tightened nut resulted in the gas leaking and a brief blow up - which scared me A LOT).

To give you the context I have been melting scrap gold and when I turned it of the yesterday morning the regulating knob was super hot - which I found strange. Also it took longer for the flame to die down, brief sparks came out at the time of turning it off.
    Since I had the problem with a loose nut before I tightened nozzle again.

When I came in the afternoon I accidentally touched the nozzle and it was pretty hot!
    What could be the reason?
    I'm worried to use and I'm worried to leave it!

I would be very grateful for any help!!
    Also if you guys have any tips on how you maintain your Sieverts - what do you do regularly to avoid any nasty hot surprises - I'd be keen to know. I'd rather not learn by trial and error...

Thanks in advance,
    Monika

Seems like it may have not extinguished leaving a tiny flame burning, faulty shut off valve on the handle, may just need cleaning, could just be loose fittings or my need a service kit, probably just fit a service kit, then you are sure, while you have it pulled down remove the burner and give a clean with Acetone, or I believe it is possible to use WD40.
    Maintenance is just matter of keeping the burner clean and all the nuts firmly tightened.
    Last edited by china; 08-08-2022 at 03:09 PM.

Whats it resting on ?

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    Seems like it may have not extinguished leaving a tiny flame burning, faulty shut off valve on the handle, may just need cleaning, could just be loose fittings or my need a service kit, probably just fit a service kit, then you are sure, while you have it pulled down remove the burner and give a clean with Acetone, or I believe it is possible to use WD40.
    Maintenance is just matter of keeping the burner clean and all the nuts firmly tightened.
    Yes I've done this - thought it was out but there was still a tiny flame.

I always make sure I have the gas turned off at the tank as well before leaving it unattended.

I have a metal stand that I rest it on whenever I don't use.
    Thanks God I did otherwise the whole studio would've even gone by now ��*��

This is so scary, I never would have thought this can be possible... I'm a bit concerned, it doesn't feel safe. I definitely tightened the regulating knob properly...

It is safe if every thing is in good order as I explained above, to check if there is a tiny flame switch lights off in the area and you will see if it still has a flame, normally it will be just at the injector as said above always turn off at the cylinder at the end of the day.

Also if you remember to turn off the tank it will Go out if that’s the problem.

Yes, yes and YES. Turn off right back to the bottle(s).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk