Thread: Having a massive clean out and scaling back my workshop

Default Having a massive clean out and scaling back my workshop

I'm in the process of putting most of my jewellery tools up for sale, I've decided to scale things right back and just concentrate on my CAD/scanning work, I'm struggling with my hands and find bench work more and more frustrating. I have loads of tools and will be listing them over the next few weeks, it takes me ages to do the listings so I have to pace myself! If anyone who regularly uses the forum (I know who you are) wants anything or to make an offer let me know on this thread or private message and I can knock the eBay selling fee off so its a bit cheaper for you. I hope that's ok to do here, If not I will delete the post. I've got loads of hand tools, also a laser welder, polishers, steam cleaner, ultrasonic cleaner and plating unit, a couple of wax injectors and loads of stone setting equipment. It will all be up for sale. Its a shame but I've not really used them in anger in the last 12 months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145614625992 have a look at my other items too

Cheers Joe

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with your hands Joe and having to change direction. Must have been a difficult choice to make especially having to let go of so many precious and sentimental tools. The first batch of listings look interesting and great prices, good luck with the process I hope it goes well for you. Hopefully you’ll comment on here when you upload more listings for us to drool over … All the best for the future … Nick

Quote Originally Posted by josef1 View Post
    I hope that's ok to do here, If not I will delete the post.
    Fine by me - and sorry to hear about your hands, I can sympathise. I still have grip issues with my left.
    (I don't need another laser, I don't need another laser...)

Are you outsourcing finishing then?

I'm still doing all the finishing at the moment on the things I sell, but I have scaled everything right back. Covid was difficult times and I decided I needed to change things around to continue so I switched over to mainly doing CAD and casting, just working with a couple of companies keeps me busy and I don't have do as much bench work and the bonus is I don't have to deal with customers lol. well only the ones I like!

Hi Joseph,
    What a terrible shame you have hand problems and that you are having to sell all your lovely tools. Its a tough decision, but sounds like the right one for you, especially as you can deal with the customers you like !!

I'll pm you re some of your tools and wish you all the best with selling.
    Jules