Thread: Sterling Baby Cup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Sterling Baby Cup

Hello- I'm new to forum and will admit I know little about you craft. I have a question regarding sterling silver work and hope I can get an option or two. I have a new Grand Daughter on the way and in tradition I will be sending her a sterling baby cup. Somehow I always have hair brained ideas that make things more difficult. Could you please advise if this is feasible or practical ? I would like to take a plain Jane Towle #778 cup (qilded interior) and have sterling silver initials soldered to it in place of engraving initials. The letter are 5/8 tall and about 1mm thick. I assume the thin letters/charm would be able to be bent in the radius of the cup and soldered. If need be- the charms could be sanded thinner. Are there any pitfalls that will arise from this procedure ? Is it best to obtain sterling silver letters rather than "silver" or "plated" ? Finding 5/8" tall letters is difficult- lots of smaller/larger but almost zero in 5/8". I have attached photos of the cup and a possible initial -there will be 3 applied. What should I expect to pay a local jeweler to accomplish this ? Many thanks for looking.

Regards
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Towle 778.jpg   Celtic B2.jpg  
    Last edited by Sto; 28-07-2022 at 06:23 PM.