A little bit of feedback

I re-priced all my jewellery beforehand to include my hourly rate. In some cases my prices doubled I agonised over that for ages, but stuck with it. I arrived early, which made a huge difference, as I was much calmer and focussed on potential customers, instead of how nervous I was. I had one particular jade piece that I'd priced up at £39 and thought, no-one will buy THAT, its too expensive. Well, a lady looked at it a few times, told me it was too expensive, then someone else came along 10 minutes later and bought it! You should have seen the first lady's face when she came back and saw it had gone! I was chuffed to bits. The other amazing thing was I'd made an egyptian style necklace with drops all the way round and threw together a bracelet in all the colours that I can make it in and sold that too. !

What I learnt from the event:

Pricing Re-pricing including an hourly rate didn't put people off, I made more sales. I read somewhere that people have far too many decisions to make with their busy lives and that if they look at something that is low in price, they immediately think 'cheap, mass produced'; whereas if they see something at a much higher price, they are buying an item of quality that will be treasured.

Have some multicoloured things, people are more willing to spend their hard-earned cash on a piece of jewellery that will go with a lot of clothes, rather than something that only goes with one outfit. (Another reason to buy some of those lovely lampies that Di has shown us!). I'll also be researching info on colour coordination for gift buyers too.

Set your stall up early – you will attract other stallholders to your stall if you are ready, whereas if you are still setting up and its already opened, you could lose valuable sales. The same applies at the end of the event - I was considering packing up about 10minutes before the end, as it had gone quiet, and in the last 15 minutes made quite a few sales.

Make sure your labels are spelt correctly and use good grammer - I won't buy from anyone that advertises something incorrectly spelt or with bad grammer - after all if they can't be bothered to check their spelling, what does that say about their products (whatever they are)!

You know what guys, I know I wouldn't have been as successful at this event without all your help and guidance and can't thank you guys enough. Here's a piece of virtual cheesecake for you all.

oh dear, I have waffled, I'll get my coat

LotsaLove