Thread: Weather

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Weather

The news tells me you are getting some of our type of weather over there, try to keep cool hope it does not last too long.

We're about to sample it Bob. London is predicted to reach 40°C next week. Thanks for sharing your weather. Kind regards, Dennis.

Well it's over for the moment, but it was nearly 80°C outside, in London and hotter in our flat. We survived for a couple of days with a big fan, but might not have done well for longer.
    I feel very sorry for families who have lost their homes in wildfires in the outskirts.
    More of July, and August still to come. Dennis.

We even reached 30 or so up here and it was so airless .Such a tragedy for these families and we were aware of fire engines going off most days.
    Someone posted photos this morning of a large bonfire and bbq left in the middle of a community woodland surrounded by forest and houses nearby, it could have been a catastrophe. Usually this happens every year when teenagers come off school but apparently a family of all ages had been seen and the mess left behind was extraordinary as usual.
    We expect temperatures in the 20s tomorrow which will be fine. We have very thick walled houses which usually manage to keep us cool in summer but failed miserably those 2 days. I’m not sure how I’d cope in a flat. We are both post/ mid covid and not particular well yet so hoping it stays a bit cooler for a while

I hope that was meant to be 30c Dennis, all jokes aside must be a big shock, I'm used to it down here just turn on the Aircon, I visit a town called Andamooka often about 700 ks from Adelaide regularly goes over 45c up there.

Well I thought I'd read it before I pressed 'Reply', but obviously my circuits were still overheated. It was meant to read nearly 40°C (forty) outside, and hotter in our flat.
    The person who introduced the red weather warning, three years ago, wrote that he never dreamt it could apply to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by china View Post
    I hope that was meant to be 30c Dennis, all jokes aside must be a big shock, I'm used to it down here just turn on the Aircon, I visit a town called Andamooka often about 700 ks from Adelaide regularly goes over 45c up there.
    What air con Bob, we never have a need for it!