Thread: Failures!

Default Failures!

Something we don’t often read about! Possibly don’t want to admit!
    I spent the whole day making a pendant with a large Tigers eye cab set in a “nest” of wire. I congratulated myself on making the cab holder really well……then had great probs soldering it in the prepared framework. It looked terrible, every piece had dings, dents etc. I was trying to get a 3 dimensional look to the piece. Ended up easing the cab out of its holder at 10.30pm and cutting the wire up to fit it in my scrap holder! A step too far, a bit too ambitious! Never mind I think I learnt a bit from it! Like learning to walk….you have to fall quite a lot to succeed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does not apply to me because I never makes mistakes (HA! HA!).

I have come to learn that I go with the flow or amend my process and on occasion just give up. I’m trying to retro sort a big labradorite necklace after the stone has been set and the flaw in the metal just got worse. I’ve spent many hours trying to sort the problem and once I find the 2 pairs of protective specs I think I’ve lost while gardening I’ll give it one last go! Then maybe admit defeat and start again

Failure is a good thing; you learn from it and it forces you to re-think ideas/designs and can often send you in different directions you never thought of.

Having said that, its always good to step away from things, as trying to force an idea through, or work when you are tired, or not in the right frame of mind doesn't help. It inevitably leads to stones flying all over the place, or things 'disappear'. I've had all sorts of things go missing, only to turn up the next day. I do have a very large resident spider, but he's not THAT big!
    Jules

I did make this spider necklace once, but it didn't catch on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sp3 Spider Necklace.jpg  

Made this yesterday, but my wife thinks it is a bit of a drip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk