Thread: Gemstones & Manchester Minerals

Default Gemstones & Manchester Minerals

Hi,

While I was on the hunt for gemstones and couldn't get onto the Manchester Minerals website, phone line down. Have they closed? Curious if anyone knows.

In particular, I am looking for an oval opal, 8 x 10mm.

Also looking for gemstone beads center drilled 6 - 8mm x 4-5mm smooth rondelles, good quality, in a variety of colours. And also faceted smaller precious beads of ruby, emerald or sapphire.

Any tips or favorites?
    Etsy have lots on a long lead time, didn't know if there was somewhere closer to home for precious beads.

Any pointers are highly appreciated!

Their website is under construction. The go to company for professionals is https://wardgemstones.com/ in Hatton Garden, a family run company. You need to register to get the best prices. Dennis.

The shop in Stockport closed down a while back now, there Facebook page says they have retired https://www.facebook.com/ManchesterMinerals/

For very special (and very beautiful) opals contact 'BrokenRiverMining' (Sue Cooper) on instagram- a lady opal miner in aussie. Tell Sue I recommended. How much better to hear from the miner herself exactly where, when and how your stone was found?

For the other gemstones check out Gemporia's Jewellery maker website. Good website and easy returns
    Last edited by pearlescence; 08-06-2022 at 05:26 PM.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk