Thread: Multiple stones on one ring

Default Multiple stones on one ring

This might be a stupid question but I’m still new to jewellery and interested to learn. I have come across a style of ring which I love and was wondering what the technique is to make setting like this? I imagine this is probably manufactured or an advanced setting, but just interested to know so I can hopefully make my way up to making items like this! Any info or advice is appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F7835ADD-9984-44E0-B203-692F0CEFA884.jpg  

It's probably 3D printed in wax, or resin, and cast,
    You could make a low tech version, by adding tube collets to a strip, which is about 1,0mm too short, forming a ring, and then stretching it a tiny bit to size it. Then perfect the collets.

By being cautious like that, you could minimise any distortion due to stretching. It would need a ring stretcher, which is applied internally, and to totally avoid hammers. Dennis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r Upright Ring Stretcher.jpg  

This ring is looking nice. The idea of multiple stones on one ring is great. It is giving the classy look. And adding multiple stones on one ring is a little bit tough but you did it perfectly. The yellow gold and white stone give it a classy look.

Looking at the size of the holes in the inside of the ring it could possibly be back set. It would be difficult to get in and keep all the settings even because of how close to each other they are. Also the stones look like some type of pearl its difficult to tell from the picture but you would struggle to set them like that as they are so soft. Of course I could be wrong hahah

They certainly look like pearls to me. Pearls can be bezel set. With great care. You'd need a lot of matched buttons.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

All I can think of is it looks quite uncomfortable to wear and if pearls surely impractical as a ring

Nothing intrinsically impractical about pearls as a ring.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by pearlescence View Post
    Nothing intrinsically impractical about pearls as a ring.
    I’m more concerned about comfort but it would stand my gardening!

I was thinking about this, and I agree, very knobbly and uncomfortable. Suspect made to look good in a display rather than on a finger.
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk