Thread: Certified gemstones - where to buy?

Default Certified gemstones - where to buy?

Hello,

I was hoping someone could tell me where to buy certified gemstones, i.e. Gübelin, SSEF, GIA. Preferably in the UK, but any sources outside will also be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Pider

AE Ward is a leading gemstone supplier in Hatton Garden London. https://wardgemstones.com/

Google certificated gemstones in UK, and you get this: https://www.google.com/search?client...uppliers+in+UK

Welcome to the forum, Dennis.

Certification is more popular in jurisdictions such as the USA which have less strict consumer laws. In the UK (thanks to EU law) we have pretty strict laws which mean that seller statements have to be true and there is redress if no. Consumers tend to rely on seller statements. Mostly I would recommend you find reliable wholesalers and use them as sources. GIA certification of stones is expensive so without a specific commercial need your pricing will rocket. You could also study with Gem-A, which is based in London.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

My sincerest apologies for not having reacted sooner - family matters, I am afraid. Most importantly, many thanks for the replies. They are very helpful indeed. I am a complete beginner and am trying to find out things step by step so this is a very useful bit of information.

Pider