Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crystals Wholesale in Europe

Default Crystals Wholesale in Europe

Hello,

Could you recommend reliable wholesalers in EU for raw crystals and semi-precious stones?

I know there are a few good ones in UK, but to avoid extra custom charges I prefer buying directly from EU.

Alternatively i could consider other countries if they have really good price and high quality.

Thank you in advance.

I think we are all trying to do the opposite and find reliable sources of everything here as we can no longer afford the extra duties buying from our usual sources in the EU

How about China? Not reliable?

Personally I find things like crystals a bit of a lucky dip where china is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by annemarielei View Post
    How about China? Not reliable?
    Watching posts on here and other social media Jewellers forums people usually have their respected companies in the U.K. and I’ve never seen China suggested. I suppose it depends on whether you need quality or quantity

I live in Estonia and in case I order from UK I will pay for shipping + customs. But just a thought, instead I could fly there and choose the best stones myself and fly them home. Do you have recommendations both for UK wholesale online and on spot? Trades are also an option..

Quote Originally Posted by annemarielei View Post
    I live in Estonia and in case I order from UK I will pay for shipping + customs. But just a thought, instead I could fly there and choose the best stones myself and fly them home. Do you have recommendations both for UK wholesale online and on spot? Trades are also an option..
    I live in rural Scotland so don’t have knowledge of companies in London. Now that you’ve changed your question you might get more help from jewellers who buy stones regularly

If you intend to be in this for a long time then start saving to travel to Hong Kong when it opens up to travelers again after covid. There are exhibition halls crammed with every possible gemstone in the rough on show for selection at the three times a year gem shows.
    Most gem dealers seem to be from India so I recommend some serious internet searching until you can travel in person.
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk

India is also a bit hit and miss.

I ordered some raw ruby from two Indian sellers. Both were much the same price and both arrived promptly ( well promptly allowing for international post that is). Both have good reviews.

One set is fine. Clearly what I ordered. The other set is heavily dyed with the colour bleeding off onto my fingers. It's a water soluble dye and looks awfully like red food colouring! I've now soaked out most of the dye and I'm far from sure what I had is even poor quality ruby. I've binned it as I can't use it. I'm only down a few £££ so no great loss but I'd never put in a big order til I was sure as I could be that the seller was genuine. There's a lot of bait and switch going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caro View Post
    India is also a bit hit and miss.

I ordered some raw ruby from two Indian sellers. Both were much the same price and both arrived promptly ( well promptly allowing for international post that is). Both have good reviews.

One set is fine. Clearly what I ordered. The other set is heavily dyed with the colour bleeding off onto my fingers. It's a water soluble dye and looks awfully like red food colouring! I've now soaked out most of the dye and I'm far from sure what I had is even poor quality ruby. I've binned it as I can't use it. I'm only down a few £££ so no great loss but I'd never put in a big order til I was sure as I could be that the seller was genuine. There's a lot of bait and switch going on.
    I know very little about gems, either rough or cut. All I knew was that the semi-precious stone sellers in Hong Kong were all Indian
    Author: Pearls A Practical Guide
    www.pearlsapractical.guide
    www.Pearlescence.co.uk